17

Novas POV
"You pulled us out of class for what Pope" I asked him. "The letter look at the wheat symbol" JJ said. "Oh my goodness" I said. "We need to go to Charleston like  now" Pope said.

"Pope that's a four hour drive" Kie said. "We don't have a car" Pope said. "Actually we do" I said holding up the keys to my Jeep. "You fixed it" JJ said. "Don't worry about that" I said.

"Where is it" Pope said. "Uhhh..at the Cameron's" I said. "Well then let's get going" Kie said. We went to the Cameron's and grabbed my Jeep. I let JJ drive it to the Ferry.

We just sat on the hood. Kie and JJ smoked. Pope and I just looked at them. Silently judging them. Sure I've smoked but not as bad as them. "You two silently judging us" Kie said.

"Nah no" we both said. My phone than rang. I looked at it. It was none other than Rafe. "Great" I said. "Rafe" JJ said. I got off the hood and answered the call.

____
The phone call:

"What's up Rafe" -Nova said.

"I need to tell you something Nov,you're brother is alive and he's here" -Rafe said.

"Look ... I know"-Nova said.

"What do you mean you knew he was alive and you kept this from me and my father" -Rafe said.

"You're father and you.. you know what never mind Rafe" Nova said.

"What .. still on about the framing thing" Rafe said.

"Rafe we will talk when you get home till then don't speak to me" Nova said.

"Don't speak to you?? You act like this is my doing you lied to me" Rafe said.

___
I then hung up. I couldn't deal with him right now.

"Yo you ok" JJ said putting a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah it's whatever JJ that's my type toxic huh" I said walking away. "I wasn't toxic I treated you well" JJ said.

"You never took me out on a date you just wanted to hook up" I said. "That's a lie and you know it" JJ said. "No it's not at least Rafe cares" I said. "He framed your brother" JJ said.

"Yeah I know but at least he was there for me and took me in where were you huh" I said. "Whatever" JJ said walking back over to my Jeep.

Later...
We finally arrived. We drove to the address and apparently couldn't go in. I didn't wanna be near JJ so I sat on the hood of my own car.

A text then came through from Topper.

Topper:Just checking on you to make sure Barry didn't bother you

Me:I'm good just with Kie and Pope on a secret mission

Topper:A secret mission? Ha ha for what treasure

Me:Something like that

___
"Did you hear that screaming" JJ said. "Yes JJ that was my brain screaming" I said. "No it's Pope" Kie said. We drove the car down the alley. Pope and JJ jumped in my car.

Some guy was chasing us with a gun.

"Well shit" I said driving faster. "No no no" Pope said looking as my Jeep was smoking. "Ugh" Kie said. "Fuck me" I said getting out. "Sorry Nov we gotta leave him" JJ said.

We all ran as fast as we possibly could. I just left my car back there that was great. We ran out and nearly got ran down by someone.

It was John B and Sarah on a bike.

"John B" I said tearing up. "Sis" he said as we all got it. We sped off and eventually got to a beach. They had a boat waiting.

"God I missed you" I said hugging John B. "I missed you too" John B said.

___
We eventually got home. John B had to hide. Sarah stayed at our place. And I went back to the Cameron's I walked this time.

Rafe had just gotten home. I realized how dirty I looked covered in sweat and mud. He'd probably question me about everything.

I walked up the long driveway and he stood in front of his car.

"What happened to you look like shit" Rafe said. "Gee no hey Nova" I said. "Hey Nova you look like shit" Rafe said. "Yeah thanks for that" I said. "Please go get cleaned up and we will talk" Rafe said.

I showered in Rafes bathroom. He gave me one of his shirts to wear.

"You gonna yell at me" I said sitting on his bed. "No I just wish you would've said something" Rafe said. "I knew you'd be mad" I said. "I'm not I was ok look I'm not anymore" Rafe said sitting next to me.

"Sorry I'm just exhausted" I said. "Go to sleep we can talk tomorrow" he said kissing my cheek. "You leaving me" I said. "I have to take care of things" Rafe said I kissed him. "There's one more thing" I said.

"What's up" Rafe said.

"Barry... he's..