16

Novas POV
"Rafe" I said getting up. But he wasn't laying next to me anymore. He must've left me already. I looked over and saw a note.

Nova,we left already. If you are reading this. Sorry he didn't want you to go with us. Apparently he thinks you'll take the gold. We will be back soon
-Rafe

"Uhh" I said throwing the note. I then went to school. I decided to try and walk there. But Barry came up to me. He was the last person I wanted to see. "So your boy Rafe left" Barry said.

"Leave me alone" I said. "Nah princess I don't think you understand he owes me" Barry said. "Good for you take it up with Rafe" I said he grabbed my arm. "Maybe I should take his trophy" Barry said. "Don't touch me" I said smacking his arm.

"You think that will work princess or did you forget who you are pogue" Barry said. Topper pulled up in his Jeep. "She said leave her alone Barry" Topper said pushing Barry off of me. "See ya Top and uh watch yourself pogue" Barry said leaving.

"I don't need a hero" I said. "I'm not trying to be I was driving and saw him grabbing you" Topper said. "Thanks but I had it" I said. "Did you though" Topper said I rolled my eyes.

"Despite what you think I could've kicked his ass" I said. "Mmmh right then what he shoots you" Topper said. "I need to get to school" I said looking at my phone. I was late already. "I'll drive you I don't want him to stall you" Topper said.

I got in his Jeep.

"Or like kidnap me and make me deliver drugs" I said he laughed. "Not funny" Topper said. "But you laughed" I said. "That wasn't a laugh" he said driving. "Right Top" I said.

"Sorry you'll probably be late to school" Topper said. "Usually am they don't care they think I'm some sort of criminal too" I said. "But you aren't" Topper said pulling up to my high school. "Yeah try to tell the whole island that" I said sighing.

"Well I know who you are I see you" Topper said. "Well thanks again for the ride and saving me I guess" I said getting out. "Need a ride home" Topper asked me. "Ummm I'll walk with JJ" I said. "Alright" Topper said.

I walked into school. I then headed into my history class.

"You're late Routeledge" the teacher said. "Yeah like you guys care anyways" I said sitting next to JJ. "Back to the lesson guys" he said writing on the board.

"What happened" JJ asked. "Barry" I said. "You good" Pope said. "Mmmh" I said. "Was that Toppers Jeep" Kie asked. "He drove by and saved me kinda" I said. "Oh" JJ said. "It's fine what did I miss Kie" I said.

She handed me her notes.

"A lot so I wrote you a sheet too" Kie said. "Thanks Kie" I said. "Hey I need one" JJ said I hit his arm. "Pay attention" the teacher said. "Yeah JJ" I said.