20

Novas POV
I watched as they took Rafe into custody it broke my heart. He looked at me with tears in his eyes. Topper stood beside me.

"What" I said looking at Rose and Ward. "You're a bitch" Rose said walking away. "You know he trusted you and loved you" Ward said. "You killed my father and he killed the sheriff you really think either one of you is getting away with anything" I said.

"I should've" Ward said getting in my face but Topper stood in front of me. "Don't you even think about laying a hand on her" Topper said. "You screw my daughter over and I see you've moved on you two are perfect for each other" Ward said as he walked away to talk to Shoupe.

"Nov" Topper said. I walked away. He ran after me. "Top I'd really like to be alone" I said tearing up. "But you don't have to be not anymore" Topper said. "Maybe I want to be" I said. "Don't beat yourself up over him" Topper said.

"I loved him Topper and I feel like such a fucking idiot right now" I said. "People fall for the wrong people all the time" Topper said. "I..I thought" I said crying he hugged me. "I know" Topper said hugging me. "I really thought he was different" I said.

"I don't think anyone can help him" Topper said. "I thought I could" I said. "I know but you gotta let it go" Topper said wiping my tears. "You're a great guy Top really" I said he smiled and kissed my head. "You deserve better" Topper said.

We then heard a loud explosion.

"What was that" I said. "It came from Sarah's yard" Topper said. We ran over. Ward had blown up the boat. I stood there in shock. He took the blame for Rafe.

John B looked at me. Topper hugged Sarah. She was in tears. I ran over and hugged Sarah too.

"I'm so sorry" I said to Sarah. John B didn't show any emotion in fact he looked cold and happy about this.

Later...
I hung out a Toppers house. I sat out on his balcony looking at the stars.

"You uh cold" Topper said bringing a blanket out. "I do all of this and he still walks away with minor charges" I said he sat down beside me and put a blanket around both of us. "You did everything you could" Topper said.

I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Maybe I could've done something more you know" I said. "I don't think anyone expected that" Topper said wrapping his arms around me. "Part of me feels bad but this guy murdered my father" I said. "I know" Topper said.

"I just wish my Dad was here to tell me what to do" I said. "Well if he was he'd be proud of you" Topper said. "You really think so" I said. "You framed Rafe and survived nearly being killed" Topper said I laughed.

"I guess that's a good thing" I said. "Yes it is" Topper said leaning in for a kiss I moved. "I'm sorry I'm just not ready to" I said. "I shouldn't have my bad" Topper said. "So the bonfire tomorrow you wanna go" I said.

"Yeah I'd be down to go" Topper said.