30

Novas POV
"So is Topper your boyfriend" Theo asked. "I don't know I think I just" I said. "I get it" Theo said. "I'm really worried about my friends and my brother" I said.

"Do you think they made it to safe land" Theo said. "I'm not sure" I said looking at a map. "So this guy is he coming to get you" Theo said. "I really like Topper but he's never been one to go do things" I said. "He's not a go getter" Theo said.

"Not really.. I guess maybe I always chose the wrong guys" I said. "What do you mean" he said bringing over a laptop. "My best friend JJ was the only guy that I never gave a chance too" I said.

"Maybe there's a reason you know" he added. "I don't know" I said. I then heard a knock on the door. I was praying it wasn't Rafe. "I'll get it" Theo said. "Is she here" someone said. "Who are you" Theo said.

"Dude move" JJ said barging in. "JJ" I said running over and hugging him. "No hug for me" John B said. I hugged him. Sarah , Cleo ,Pope and Kie came in too.

"Thank god your okay" JJ said. "I thought you were Topper" I said. "No offense but he's probably not coming" Pope said. "Why does everyone have no faith in him" I said.

"He's not the brightest and he wouldn't bother to show up" JJ said. "I get that you hate him JJ I chose him over you and Rafe" I said. "I hate him because you keep choosing the wrong guys again and again" JJ said.

"Theo you wanna show us around while they fight" John B said. "Sure" Theo said taking everyone outside on the balcony. "I don't understand why you care JJ" I said. "You still don't get it Nova" JJ said.

"Topper is nothing like Rafe was J and I don't understand why you can't see that" I said. "Because none of those kooks deserve you Nova they never have" JJ said.

"He's not like that" I said. "That's what you said about Rafe isn't it and he tried , to kill you" JJ said. "You think I don't know that I live with that everyday" I said tearing up. "I thought he was different I thought I could change him" I said yelling.

"But you didn't you never listen to me" JJ said. "I do listen to you JJ" I said. "No you don't because if anything were to happen to you I'd go insane" JJ said. "J I don't need your pity" I said. "I'm not doing anything I'm telling you the truth" JJ said.

"Weather you like it or not I'll always do whatever it takes to protect you because that's what you do when..." he began to say but looked behind me. "What JJ" I said.

"Guys we have a lead on the treasure" John B said. "JJ please tell me" I said. "Why it's not going to make you feel any different about me" JJ said. "JJ please" I said grabbing his arm.

"Nova don't look at me like that don't pity me like everyone else" JJ said. "I'm not you know I'd never do that" I said. "So if Topper was here right now would you still say that" JJ said.

"But he's not here just tell me what's going on" I said. "You know I have spent years by your side admiring you" JJ said. "Your so beautiful and so strong Nova no matter what.. you never gave up" JJ said.

"That summer I thought you finally saw me the same way I thought we had something" JJ said. "JJ" I said teary eyed. "I don't know what I thought you would ever love me the way I love you" JJ said with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"JJ" I said. "No don't bother" he said walking away. "Hey I heard that you okay" Sarah said I hugged her. "No" I said. "It's okay" Sarah said rubbing my back. "Guys we have a plan" Pope said.

"Let's go see" I said. "Yeah we got this" Sarah said.