24

Novas POV
Pope ended up being fine. But Rafe ended up with the cross somehow. I knew Topper and I should've stayed behind. But I cared to much about Pope like a brother.

"This is you're fault" Pope said. "How tell me" I said jumping down off the hood of Toppers Jeep. "He's obsessed with you he obviously followed you" Pope said. "Right Pope I break up with him and he wants to follow me" I said.

"You shouldn't have dated him in the first place he's crazy" JJ said. "He wasn't like that when I was with him before he" I said. "She doesn't need to explain anything" Topper said. "And now you are her hero" JJ said.

"He saved my life and have you ever done that for me" I said. "Good go be with a kook" JJ said. "Whatever I'm leaving" I said walking away. "Nov" Topper said. "I'm over it" I said. "Are you ok" Topper said.

"No but maybe we have leverage if I go" I said. "Sarah already went" Topper said. "Rafe trusts me" I said. "He almost killed you" Topper said. "Topper I'll be safe trust me" I said cupping his cheek. "I'll kill him if he does anything to you" Topper said.

I kissed him. I knew everyone was watching us.

"If I'm not back in two hours you come looking for me" I whispered in Toppers ear. "I will be careful please" Topper said.

I walked to Rafes and saw the truck. Rafe was inside somewhere. I managed to sneak in. I knew he had the keys somewhere.

"Nova" Sarah said. "Sarah I have a plan go" I said. "He's in his room and the keys are there" Sarah said. I walked up the stairs slowly. Rafe then came out. "Nova" Rafe said.

"Rafe you don't understand I need that cross it's not yours it's Popes family's" I said. "You expect me to give you the cross when you betrayed me" Rafe said walking closer to me I backed up.

"I don't know you can still fix this" I said. "Fix it right" Rafe said. "You want help Rafe you need help" I said. "Don't you have somewhere better to be" Rafe said. "Yeah she does" Rose said from behind me.

I then fell to the floor and it went black.

Later...
I woke up in a wine cellar. My head was killing me. And my phone was gone.

"Rafe" I said banging on the door. "I'm sorry ok you need to stay there" Rafe said. "God screw you are so messed up" I said banging on the door. "Nova stop it" Rafe said.

"Topper will find me" I said. "Yeah right he's the one you want" Rafe said. "Rafe I love you I still do but I can't be with someone who can't control himself" I said.

"You almost killed me" I said. "I'm sorry" Rafe said. "Leave me alone" I said sitting on the floor. "I do love you ok and I'm sorry I did that" Rafe said. "You don't deserve me" I said. "Your right I didn't" Rafe said.

"God why do I still wear this" I said taking off the necklace Rafe bought me. I then threw it. "Nova" Rafe said I went silent. "Please talk to me" Rafe said.

Toppers POV
It had been an hour and nothing. I drove to Rafes and parked on the front lawn. The truck was still there with the cross.

I saw him walking out with his step mom and wheezie. I hid behind a pillar.

"Is that Toppers Jeep" Wheezie said. "Nov drove it here I think" Rafe said. "She probably did she's obsessing over him" Rose said. "Good for her I don't care you hit her" Rafe said.

Hit her?

"She's fine she's awake" Rose said. "You could've seriously killed her" Rafe said. "Like you almost did" Wheezie said. "Stop it relax she's safe in the basement" Rafe said. "Alright leave her or are we bringing her too" Rose said.

"She'll stay" Rafe said. I snuck in and ran downstairs to the basement. "Someone let me out" Nova said banging on the door. "Nov" I said. "Top please let me out" Nova said.

"Hold on" I said looking around. I needed keys but they were gone. The next best thing was an ax. "Stand back ok" I said.

Novas POV
"Alright" I said moving back. He hit the door with something. It was an ax. He then was able to create a hole and opened it.

"Top" I said hugging him. "Your ok god your bleeding" he said looking at the cut on my head. "She hit me pretty hard" I said. "Come on I'll take you to my place I got you" Topper said picking me up.

We snuck out the back. He set me into the passenger seat on his Jeep.

"I think I have something" Topper said digging for a cloth. "Top just take me to the hospital" I said. He put the cloth on my cut. I held it. "Alright" Topper said.

We drove to the hospital. Luckily getting there in time before I nearly passed out.

"She'll need a couple stitches other than that it's a minor concussion your girlfriend is very lucky you got her here" the doctor said. "I'm not never mind" I said.

They stitched my cut up and gave me some medicine for the pain.

"You keep saving me" I said as we walked back to his car. "And you keep scaring me" Topper said. "I'm sorry" I said holding his hand. "All that matters is that you are ok" Topper said. "I'd feel better if you take me home" I said he smiled.

"Alright" Topper said.

____
A/N: A sequel is coming soon !!

do y'all want the sequel to this or a prequel on what happened the summer with JJ and what happened after her brother disappeared?!

let me know :)