Chapter 1 - Beginning

At a very young age, Richard and Mary Parker had me...a beautiful baby girl.

My father would later tell me that I was too beautiful...that it was almost unnatural.

At the age of 1 my wings started to form....instead of taking me to a doctor.....my father believed they would take me away and experiment on me....he instead studied me himself. He worked with genetics so he took many samples of my blood. I eventually was numb to the pain.

My mother didn't fully know of the pain my father was putting me through.

One night always stuck with me....one I will never ever forget when I was 6 years old.

"My Angel....you are a gift from God. He sent you here to protect us...to do good." My mother kisses my head. "The world doesn't deserve you, Angel."

"Why can't I be normal?" I ask.

"Normal is boring." She kisses my head again. "You are my miracle."

Over the next year I grew rapidly, stopping at the age of 21. This made my father study me more.

But when my little brother Peter was born....he stopped for awhile.

When Peter was 4 our parents had passed away....our Aunt May and uncle Ben took us in. I knew how to take care of Peter but I barely had any contact with outside people because my parents kept me inside. Then when Peter was 6.....our Uncle Ben had died.

I tracked down the man that shot him.

It was my time to do what I wanted. I wouldn't let anyone experiment or study me.....I was finally free.

Late at night when Peter and May were sleeping, I snuck out of the apartment and went onto the roof.

I had never flown before.

I grind my teeth as my wings stretch out of my back, I sigh in relief as I stretch them out completely. They were very large white wings...they were beautiful.

I step onto the edge of the building, my breathing quickens as I stared down below. "I can do this." I nod to myself.

I hold my arms out and slowly step off, I start to dive, getting closer and closer to the bottom. My eyes widen as I couldn't fly.

I close my eyes, ready to hit the ground....but I don't. Instead I open my eyes to see my wings were finally working.

I laugh and fly next to the skyscrapers, finally seeing the beauty of the city up close for the first time. 

I was free.

I flinch as I hear a loud screeching noise. I look over to see my reflection on the skyscraper...my eyes were glowing blue. Suddenly blue starts to form around my hands, a blast erupts, hitting my chest. I yell out as I fall into a alley. 

"Crap." I groan, seeing my shirt was ripped now.  I hold onto my ears as I hear a million voices at once, "STOP! STOP!" I scream.

My head snaps up as it all stops, I look behind me at the wall and focus...only hearing two voices. A man and woman talking.

"Protector." My mother's voice says in my head.

That's what I'll be.