Chapter 31 - Dr. Nagel

"Madripoor could give New York a run for its money

"Madripoor could give New York a run for its money. They know how to party." Sam smirks.

"With that bounty on your head, the longer you're in Madripoor, the less likely you're ever leaving." Sharon says, handing us ear pieces. "All right. He's in there." She points to a shopping container. "Container four-two-six-one. I'll keep an eye out while you guys talk to Nagel. But hurry. We're on borrowed time." She runs off.

Sam opens the door, I turn on a flash light since I was not carrying a gun. We walk in to see it's empty. "Hey, Sharon. You sure this is the right one?" Sam asks. "It's completely empty."

"Positive. It has to be."

Zemo walks to the back and slides his hand across it, I watch as he pushes it open.

He smiles and backs up, without hesitation I rush down the stairs as we hear music.

I walk into the lab and turn off the music as the Doctor turns and gasps. "Dr. Nagel?" I ask.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"We know you created the super-soldier serum." Sam points.

"Get out of my lab." He stands to walks off.

"Hey!" I grab him and push him into the seat.  "You know who he is, right? This is Baron Zemo. I know you've heard of him, too, right? You seem like a pretty smart guy. So you better become conversational real quick." I point in his face, my eyes glowing blue.

"How about a counter proposal? Make me a better offer and I'll talk."

"Guys, we have company. Every bounty hunter in the city is here. We gotta go!" She says through our earpieces.

I squeeze onto his shoulder, "Okay. Okay." He nods. "I was brought into Hydra's Winter Soldier program to pick up their work after the five failed test subjects in Siberia. When Hydra fell, I was recruited by the CIA. They had blood samples from an American test subject with semi-stable traces of serum in his system. After much labor, I was able to isolate the necessary compounds in his blood. I was a god. I did what no other scientist since Erskine was able to do. But mine was going to be different. No clunky machines or jacked up bodies. Mine was going to be subtle, optimized, perfect."

"How have we never heard about this?" Sam asks.

"Because... Before I was able to complete my work, I turned to dust. Then when I returned, it was five years later, program had been abandoned, so I came here. The Power Broker was more than happy to fund the recreation of my work."

"How many vials did you make?" I ask.

"Twenty. Karli Morgenthau stole those, so...I can only imagine what the Power Broker has planned for that poor girl." She slightly smiles.