Chapter 21 - Hiding

It's only been a couple months of hiding. My face had scarred:

I had decided to go see Peter for the first time

As I was flying to the apartment, I could hear distant yelling,

It was Tony.

I fly towards the yelling, landing down to see Tony and Peter. I could see a Ferry in the distance, smoke was rising from it.

"Y/N...." Peter looks past Tony.

Tony turns and stares at me in shock. "Y/N."

"Yeah that's my name." I shrug. "Why are you yelling at my baby brother." I put my hands on my hips.

Tony points to the Ferry, "He did that. Now I'm taking the suit. Since your here, you can take the kid home. Go before I call Ross."

"I wish things were different Tony. I actually miss you." I take off my backpack and pull out a shirt and pajama pants. "The pants may be a little tight...sorry." He changes. I take Peter's suit and throw it at Tony. "Don't worry....I'll be out of here after I get him home." I hiss, grabbing Peter and flying off.

We walk up the stairs to the apartment and knock. May opens the door angrily. "Hey."

She was so angry that she didn't even notice me, "I've been calling you all day. You didn't answer your phone. You can't do that. Then this ferry thing happens. I've called five police stations. Five. I called five of your friends."

"I'm fine." Peter shrug.

"I called Ned's mother."

"May, I'm okay. Honestly. Just relax. I'm fine." He nods.

"Y/N? Thank you for finding him." She turns to Peter. "You. Cut the bullshit. I know you left detention. I know you left the hotel room in Washington. I know you sneak out of this house every night. That's not fine. Peter, you have to tell me what's going on. Just lay it out. It's just us three."

Peter starts to cry, "I lost the Stark internship."

"What?" Her face softens.

"Yeah."

"What happened?" May and I sit beside him.

"I just thought that I could work really hard and he could, he would, you know. But I screwed it up."

"Oh... It's okay, it's okay. It's okay." She whispers.

"I'm sorry I made you worry."

"You know I'm not trying to ruin your life." She smiles.

"Yeah, I know."

"Just... I used to sneak out too." She whispers.

"Yeah."

May scowls, then leans in to sniff Peter's hair. "And take a shower. You smell. You smell like garbage."

"I know." Peter stands, walking to his room.

"Can't you talk to Tony Stark?" May asks.

"May...I'm a criminal now. Remember?" I sigh. "Tony's mad at me because I didn't sign the accords. I could be arrested any minute."  I sigh.

"Are you going to tell me what happened to your face?" She softly strokes my scar.

"The king of Wakanda did it. Long story." I nod.

"Oh sweetie." She puts her arm around me and lays my head on her shoulder. "You can hide out here any time."

"Can I take a shower...and just stay for tonight? I have to get back to my team. We are actually staying in California. Finding people using alien technology." I nod.

"Anytime honey. You still have some clothes here."  She kisses my cheek.

I walk to my room and grab some fresh clothes. Peter steps in and shuts the door, he was now wearing his own, appropriate sized clothes.

"Um...thanks for not telling her." He sighs.

"No problem. I'm sorry I can't talk with Tony and have him give you back the suit. I would do anything for you if I could." I sit on my bed.

Peter sits beside me and sighs. "I'm sorry I never told you I had these abilities."

"We need to stop saying sorry. Our life is just difficult." I chuckle.

"Why don't you ever talk about dad?" He suddenly asks.

"Oh god....I guess it's time to tell you."

I spend the next half  hour telling Peter what happened to me. When I was finished I stand up and turn  awa from him, pulling up my shirt in the back to show him my scars.

"Y/N....I wished you told me." He wipes his tears. "You've been through so much pain."

"I wanted to protect you....it's okay." I hug him. "You didn't need to know the horrors I went through." I rub his back.

"I just wanted to protect you." Peter says. "I wanted to help you....so you could come home more."

"Peter I have to leave tomorrow. They could find me here...you and May would be in trouble." I sigh.

"I don't care! Your my sister. I'll always defend you."

"Peter...your still a kid. Be a kid. Go to school. Fight crime around the city. You don't want to join the big fight. Trust me. It only brings pain and suffering." I sigh. "You have a whole life ahead of you. No matter what Tony says.....be a kid. I never got that." I grab my stuff and walk to the bathroom.

I had left in the morning...I knew Tony would most likely check in to see if I'm still around.

I couldn't get them in trouble.