Chapter 33 - Followed

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit!" John says as he approaches us on the street.

"Ah! How'd you find us now?" Bucky asks.

"Come on, man. You really think three Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?" Lemar asks.

"No more keeping us in the dark. You could start by telling us why you broke him out of prison." John points.

"He did that himself, technically." I shrug.

"This better be an unbelievable explana..." John steps up.

"Hey, take it easy before it gets weird." Sam stops him.

"I know where Karli is." Zemo tries to walk past.

"Well, where?" John's asks, stopping him.

"All we know is, it's a memorial. So, we're gonna intercept her there." Sam nods.

"That means civilians. High risk of casualties." Lemar says, following as Zemo walks ahead.

"All right, good, we'll move in fast. Take her by surprise." John nods.

"No, I wanna talk to her alone." Sam says.

"I'm not losing her again."

"Look, the person closest to her died, she's vulnerable. If there's any time to reason with her, it's now." Sam nods.

"What? No. Wait, no! No! Stop. Hold on. Stop, okay?" John walks head and stops us from walking. "I think we're way past reasoning with her, unless you forgot the fact that she blew up a building with people still in it."

"Sam, you walk in there cold, she could kill you." Lemar says.

"If I go in hot and the op goes wrong, more people will die."

"You're gonna let him do this? Are you gonna let your partner walk into a room with a Super Soldier alone?" John asks Bucky and I.

"He's dealt with worse. And he's not my partner." Bucky rolls his eyes.

"I used to counsel soldiers dealing with trauma, okay? This is right in my wheelhouse." Sam steps up.

"Yeah, I know. And I know those soldiers, which is why I know this is a bad idea."

"Wait, John. If he can talk her down, it might be worth a try." Lemar suddenly says.

"Trust Sam....he can do it." I nod.

John scoffs and points at Zemo, "We'll deal with you later."

"I'm sure it will all come to an agreeable conclusion. My associate is just up ahead." Zemo points.

I stay behind as he talk to the little girl, soon taking us into a building. "Karli's in there." Zemo points as the girl runs off.

"All right." Sam turns to leave.

John grabs Zemo, "Hey. You got ten minutes."

"Really?" Zemo scoffs.

"Then we're doing things my way." John says as he cuffs Zemo.

"Aggressive. But I get it." Zemo smiles.

I stand in front of the door next to Bucky, crossing my arms as I watch John pace back and forth.

What a weirdo.

I look up at Bucky as Sam was now gone for awhile...I was nervous but I knew he would be fine. Sam is strong.