Chapter 10 - Party Ruined

I wasn't really sure about this dress Nat picked out for me

I wasn't really sure about this dress Nat picked out for me...but she promised that we would get take out after the party so I wore it.

I was next to Tony and Thor, staring at Rhodey as he tells his "cool" story.

"Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, Boom! You looking for this?" The three of us stare at him blankly. "Boom! Are you looking... Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills."

"That's the whole story?" Thor asks.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story."

"Well, it's very good then." Thor laughs. "It's impressive."

"Quality save."

"Are you trying to be funny or cool?......I'm confused." I stare at him. "It's boring." I say, making Tony spit out his drink as he laughs.

"Really?"

My eyes widen, "Oh...Rhodey I'm sorry...I'm still learning to not blurt things out." I sigh.

"Don't be sorry, that was amazing." Tony high fives me.

Rhodey sighs, "So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" He changes the subject.

"No."

"Hey, what about Jane?" Maria puts her arm around me, "Where are the ladies, gentlemen?"

"Well, Miss Potts has a company to run."

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer." Thor nods.

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on earth. It's pretty exciting."

"There's even talk of Jane getting a... um, uh... Nobel prize." Thor smiles.

"Yeah, they...they must be busy because they'd hate missing you guys get together." Maria coughs, "Testosterone! Oh, excuse me."
Rhodey and Maria walk off.

"But Jane's better." Thor says.

"I very much disagree." I say as he walks away. "Pepper Potts is a very kind and generous woman. When can I see her again?"

"Hopefully soon." Tony smiles.

I walk over to Steve and Sam and hug them, "There's our Angel." Steve smiles. My wings stretch out and I do a little spin. "You definitely look like an Angel." He smiles.

"Can I...feel them." Sam points to my wings.

"Uh..sure." I step forward. Both men reach out to touch my wings.

"How are they this soft?" Sam says in shock.

"It's a secret." I walk off.

For the rest of the night I sit down and watch the others talk.....I hated events like this.