Chapter 13 - Vision

Late that night Nick had joined us....we needed to figure out the Ultron situation.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Nick says.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asks.

Nick nods, "Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

"He still going after launch codes?" Tony asks.

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway."

"cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony smirks:

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that."

"Nexus?" Steve asks.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth." I say.

"So what'd they say?" Clint asks.

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed."

Tony looks up, "By whom?"

"Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" Nat asks.

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo, find our unknown." Tony nods:

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Nat smiles.

"I do, I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."

Nat smirks, "Steve doesn't like that kind of talk."

"You know what, Romanoff?" Natasha smiles mischievously at him.

"So what does he want?"

"To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies." Steve nods.

"Person bodies. The human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." I cross my arms.

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Nat says to Tony and Bruce.

Bruce picks up a drawing, "They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve."

"How?"

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce looks up.

We all get ready to leave, getting out suits on. I assumed I was going with Steve like I alway do because Nat, Steve, and I always do missions together but I was wrong.

"Hey...I need you to go back to the lab with Bruce and Tony. If he's building a body....they're gonna need your help." Steve puts a hand on my shoulder.

"You know you need me with you." I say. "I can take Ultron."

"Y/N your not in the right mindset....I've noticed it when we were flying here. You are brilliant in the lab...please do this for me."

"Your gonna realize your wrong." I narrow my eyes and walk with Bruce to the Jet.

I rub my face as I sit in the lab, waiting for the team to come back.