Chapter 23 - Thanos

"Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0." Steve says to Sam.

"I hope you're right about this, Cap. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to." Sam says.

The Quinjet passes through a camouflage force field into Wakanda's Golden City's valley and lands at the airfield outside the palace.

"Should we bow?" I hear Bruce asks from behind me.

"Yeah, he's a king." Rhodey nods, I try not to laugh as we walk down the ramp.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve shakes hands with T'Challa.

Bruce bows awkwardly to T'Challa. "What are you doing?" Rhodey asks in shock.

"Uh, we don't do that here." He dissuades Bruce with a motion of his hand; Bruce shoots Rhodey a look, and is answered with a big grin. "Y/N, we've missed you here." T'Challa shakes my hand.

"You just miss this scar. A reminder you scarred an Angel." I smile.

T'Challa laughs, shaking his head and turning to Steve. "So how big of an assault can we expect?"

"Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault." Bruce walks up to us.

"How we looking?" Nat asks.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..."

"A semi-stable, 100-year-old man." Bucky smiles.

Steve and Bucky hug. "How you been, Buck?"

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world." His eyes lock on mine, "Y/N." He slightly whispers. I smile and pull him in for a hug, resting against his neck, breathing in his scent. I smile as he holds the back of my head, "Your hair is so long.....I've missed you."

"I've missed you more." I rest my forehead against his.

"Alright, stop the flirting." Sam pulls me back.

"Your just jealous you've never shared a connection like ours. It makes you angry to see us like this." I tilt my head.

I stare at Sam for a moment before following the others inside.
In Shuri's lab, Shuri scans the Stone with her kimoyo beads while Vision lies on the examination table. She flips her hand over and studies the hologram projected over her palm. "Whoa. The structure is polymorphic."

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce says.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri asks.

Vision looks at Bruce and I, as if to ask the same thing.
"Because, we didn't think of it." I shrug.

"I'm sure you did your best." She smiles.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asks.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures." She looks up at T'Challa, "It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve asks.

"As long as you can give me."

Okoye's kimoyo beads chime an alarm; she flicks one bead into her palm, where it projects the globe with a pulsing location marker. "Something's entered the atmosphere."

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." Sam says over comms.

We look out to see ships landing, Vision struggles to sit up, "It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now."