Chapter 25 - Shield

For the last couple months I've stayed alone in my own apartment. I had no motivation for anything.

I didn't know how to move on without Steve or Nat. I spent years with them.....and now their gone.

I had been pardoned for the accords and was free to do what I wanted. I felt awful because I haven't reached out to Sam and Bucky....but I didn't feel like me anymore.

I felt nothing.

Peter and I talk sometimes but he's busy with school. He's also healing from the loss of Tony.

Maybe I was being selfish.....but I find it hard to move on.

How does someone move on from such a big loss?

The world needs Captain America.......but I need Steve.

The world indeed does need Captain America.....so after Sam gave up the shield, they made a new one. John Walker.

It made me sick to watch him on TV. To even see him with that shield. He doesn't deserve it....no one but Steve does.

I put on my suit for the first time in months and find Sam about to Leave. "Sam Wilson." I rush over to him.

"Oh god...Y/N. I'm so happy to see-"

I cut him off by smacking him. "How dare you!"

"Okay maybe I deserved that." He rubs his cheek.

As I go to smack him again, a hand grabs mine....a metal one. I look over to see Bucky. "Shouldn't of given up the shield." Bucky nods.

"Good to see you both." Sam turns.

"This is wrong." Bucky says as we follow him.

"Hey, hey, look, I'm working, all right? So all this outrage is gonna have to wait." He says to us.

"You didn't know that was gonna happen?" I ask angrily.

"No, of course I didn't know that was gonna happen. You think it didn't break my heart to see them march him out there and call him the new Captain America?"

"Steve didn't want this." Bucky says.

"Oh, my God. What do you want me to do? Call America and tell 'em I changed my mind? Huh?" Sam chuckles, "Yeah, right. It's a great reunion, guys, be well."

"You had no right to give up the shield, Sam." I yell.

"Hey. This is what you're not gonna do. You're not gonna come here in your overextended life and tell me about my rights. It's over, Guys. Besides, I have bigger things to deal with now."

"What could be bigger than this?" Bucky asks.

"This guy." Sam pulls out his phone and shows us. "His connections with rebel organizations all over Eastern and Central Europe, and he's strong. Too strong."

"And?" Bucky asks.

"Well, he's been connected to this online group called the Flag Smashers. Now, Redwing traced them to a building somewhere outside of Munich. So that's where I'm going." Sam nods.

"Well, I don't trust Redwing." Bucky narrows his eyes.
Sam turns to walk off, "Hold on a minute."

"You don't have to trust Redwing, but I'mma go see if he's right. 'Cause I have a feeling they might be a part of the Big Three." Sam nods.

"What Big Three?" I ask.

"The Big Three."

"What Big Three?" Bucky asks.

"Androids, aliens, and wizards."

"That's not a thing." Bucky sighs.

"That's definitely a thing."

"No, it's not." I shake my head.

"Every time we fight, it's one of the three."

"Who are you fighting now, Gandalf?" Bucky asks.

"How do you know about Gandalf?"

"I read The Hobbit in 1937 when it first came out." Bucky narrows his eyes.

"So you see my point?" Sam asks.

"No, I don't. There are no wizards."

"Doctor Strange." Sam points.

"Is a sorcerer." I sigh.

"Aah!" Sam points and laughs, "A sorcerer is a wizard without a hat. Think about it. Right? I'm right. I just came up with that. It's crazy. But that's not the point. These guys aren't magical. They use brute force like you, the incredibly annoying guy in front of me with the staring problem." He points to Bucky.

"We're coming with you." I nod.

"No, you're not."

We indeed did come with.