Chapter 12 - Nightmares

I stand between Steve and Thor as Tony steps in front of us, "Don't compare me with Stark! It's a thing with me. Stark is, he's a sickness!" Ultimate yells.

"Ahh, Junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart." Tony says.

Ultron shrugs, "If I have to."

"We don't have to break anything." Thor says.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet."

"He beat me by one second." Tony points.

Pietro Maximoff and Wanda walks forward, "Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark. It's what, comfortable? Like old times?"

Tony shakes his head, "This was never my life."

"You two can still walk away from this." Steve says to the twins.

"Oh, we will." Wanda nods.

"I know you've suffered."

Ultron interrupts Steve, "Uuughh! Captain America. God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..."

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it." I say.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet."

"Yuh-huh. What's the Vibranium for?" Tony asks.

"I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan-"

Suddenly multiple Bots slam down around Thor, Steve, and I. My wings spread as I crush a Bot, flying up towards Ultron and Tony.

I spin and blast Ultron back, tackling him into the wall. I yell out as he blasts me back, I fall back and slide against the metal floor, instantly stand and charge a man shooting at Steve.

I stop as I feel something weird with my head, when I turn I see the Wanda girl smiling at me. When I try to blast her...she was gone.

I turn to see I'm at my old house...I'm standing at the top of the stairs of the basement. "Y/N! Come on!" I hear my father.

My eyes widen as I look down to see I was shorter....I was wearing a hospital gown. I was 6 again.

This wasn't just a nightmare....it was also a memory.

"This isn't real....this isn't real." I whisper, walking closer to my father.

"Sit." He points to the chair.

"No...please not again!" I start to cry.

"Sit!" He pushes me to the chair and straps down my arms and legs. "If you would just listen....this would be over."

"It will never be over." I whisper, staring down as he starts taking blood from me. I look over to see rabbits, rats, and other animals in small cages. He was always testing my blood on them.

"Wings." He points.

"Dad please...stop. I want to go outside. Let me be normal!" I cry.

"Nothing about you is normal! You will never be normal! Everyone thinks your a freak! Wings!" He yells.

I spread my wings, they were very small. My father steps over and grabs my right wing, I yell out in pain as he breaks it.

My father sits back down with his notebook and starts to write as he watches my wing heal.

When I open my eyes, I was standing in the living room of my old house.

I was watching myself hold Peter as he cried in my arms. I walk over to myself and tap my shoulder...my old self doesn't move.

I noticed that my old self wasn't crying....this is when we found out our parents were killed. I showed no ounce of sadness.

Suddenly hands tangle in my hair and I am thrown into the basement. "Freak!"

I open my eyes as I gasp to see I am on the Jet. Steve was holding me in his arms, softly stroking my wings. I sit up and put them away, looking around to see everyone didn't look okay.

She messed with all of us.

When the Jet lands in a field, we all start walking towards a house.

"What is this place?" I ask.

"A safe house?" Tony asks.

"Let's hope." Clint walks past us and hurries inside the house. "Honey, I'm home." We stare in shock as a pregnant woman comes out. "Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead."

"Hey." She kisses Clint.

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony says to Thor and I.

"Guys, this is Laura." Clint smiles.

"I know all your names."

I look over as we hear feet running, "Ooh, incoming. Hi, sweetheart! Hey, buddy! How you guys doing? Ooh..."

"These are...smaller agents." Tony nods.

"Look at your face! Oh, my goodness!"

I watch as Nat hugs the little girl.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve nods.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed." Tony nods.

"Yeah, well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off Shield's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low."

"This makes sense...I though I heard kids." I nod. Tony looks over at me. "I check in on you guys sometimes." I nod.

I knew I could never forget my past