Chapter 14 - Ultron

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

I join Steve on the bridge, helping him get people across.

"You are so good at speeches." I smile

"Thanks Y/N." He smiles. We turn back as the ground slightly shakes, Bots start crawling out and flying around.

My wings spread and I fly off the bridge, blasting at Bots. As I crush ones head and hurl it into another, the city below starts to shake and fly.

Across the city, Ultron was hovering. "Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

I roll my eyes and fly towards him, I tackle him and smash him through a building. I stand on him as he slides against the ground, grabbing his head and throwing him into another building.

He flies back, grabbing me and smashing me through another building. As I start to blast and dig as his chest, he grabs me and throws me off the edge.

I fly up, my wings fully spread out, his stares up at me in shock and turns to a family running. I dive down and grab the family, folding my wings around them as Ultron orders Bots to blast at them.

I yell out as my wings take all the fire. I look down to see a young child was crying in fear, she looks up at me and holds my hand.

"I won't let them hurt you." I whisper in pain.
I run back and create a ball of energy, hurling it forward with all my strength. I look around to see Ultron was gone. "Come." I put my arms around the family and guide them through the city, once I get them with the others, I slump down on a car next to Steve and Nat as my Wings heal.

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What have you got, Stark?" Steve asks.

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear."

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan." Steve says.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice."

Nat sighs, "Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..."

"Not 'til everyone's safe." Steve interrupts.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there."

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it." Steve nods.

"I didn't say we should leave." Steve and I look at her, "There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better." Suddenly we hear Nick's voice. The Helicarrier shows up, "Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve smiles.

"Oooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

Pietro joins us as the lifeboats start to fly in, "This is Shield?"

"This is what Shield's supposed to be." Steve nods.

"This is not so bad."

"Let's load 'em up." Steve hurries towards the people.

I put my wings away and help load the people on.

"Thor, I got a plan!" Tony suddenly says.

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core."

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier." Tony says.

"On it."

"Avengers, time to work for a living." As Tony says this I fly off towards the church.

"What's the drill?" Nat says as I land down with the team.

"This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose." Tony points to the core.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor yells as we see Ultron.

He summons his army of Bots, "You had to ask." Steve sighs.

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?"

Tony nods, "Well, like the old man said. Together."

As the boys rush in, I fly up with Vision and Tony, blasting and crushing Bots. I dive down and slide under Steve as he spins in the air, grabbing a Bot and crushing its head. My wings smack bots beside me.

After Vision, Thor, and Tony blast Ultron, all the Bots start to retreat. "They'll try to leave the city!" Thor yells.

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!" Tony yells.

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." Steve nods at us.

"What about the core?" Clint points.

"I'll protect it. It's my job." Wanda nods. Before I can run off she stops me, "Y/N? I wanted to say that I'm sorry."

"It's okay....you thought you were doing what was right." I nod. "It's okay." I reassure her. She saw my memories.

I fly off and blast any Bots on my way, I fly all the way to the Helicarrier as the city falls.

——————————————————

When Ultron was Destroyed, I had moved into the new Avengers Compound. There was only a few of us left here.

I made sure to go visit Peter and May when I can. And I also spend my time searching for Bucky.

I need to find out why I feel like this.