Chapter 18 - Office

I hold onto my bloody face as we approach Sharon and another man. "What's gonna happen to him?" I ask, looking back at Bucky.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The man nods.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon nods.

"What about our lawyer?" Steve asks.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt."

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam points as we walk inside.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?" Ross asks.

T'Challa looks at us, "I don't intend on going anywhere."

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Nat walks up to us.

"He's alive." Steve nods.

Tony walks over as he's on the phone, "No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."

Nat sighs, "Try not to break anything while we fix this."

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir."

"Consequences'?" Steve asks.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony nods.

Steve sighs, "I'm not getting that shield back, am I?"

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too." Nat says.

"That's cold."

"Warmer than jail." Tony shrugs, he grabs my hand and pulls me aside. "Clean her wound, will you?" He asks a medic.

"Thank you Tony." I sit down.

"This may sting..." The medic starts to stitch my face. "Now this will leave a scar." He looks at me with concern as he pulls the needle through my skin.

"How ironic...an Angel has a flaw now." I say to Tony.

"Oh you definitely still look beautiful." He softly smiles. "Y/N please sign...this will all go away."

"I do what Steve does." I look away.

Tony sighs and walks off to talk with Steve.

After I get done cleaning up, Steve storms out of the office and walks over to me.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah...got some stitches." I nod.

Steve pulls me in and hugs me, "Y/N...your gonna be against the law if you stay with me. I want you to sign...you have a family."

"I do what you do." I pull away. "I trust you the most Steve. I wouldn't change my decision."

"Your risking never seeing your family again." He sighs.

"Your my family too." I hold his hand. "I'll find a way to see my family." I nod. "I'm not signing. I always stay with you."

"Thank you Y/N." He kisses my head.

I sit down next to Sam as Sharon walks inside, "The receipt for your gear."

"Bird costume? Come on." Sam sighs.