Chapter 9 - Scepter

Steve and I kept in contact for the next year....I dedicated most of my time helping him find Bucky.

But now it was time to find the missing Scepter. I moved into the new Avengers Tower...making sure I visit and video chat Peter. He's 14 now....I couldn't believe he was growing up.

I now go by the name Angel as my "Hero Name." Nat has also helped me with my communication skills...I'm not always blunt.....sometimes. And she's helped me with my interrogation and undercover skills.

I was getting kind of tired of these raids...but I was glad to know this may be the last one.

I fly next down low next to the team, blasting soldiers as I go. I land down behind Steve in his motorcycle, taking a moment to let my wings heal from the bullets. "You good?" Steve asks.

"Yup!" I leap off and Fly into the forest.

"Shit!" Tony yells as he hits the shield around the building.

"Language! Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve asks.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last."

Nat smiles at me as I land next to her, taking out a soldier. "At long last is lasting a little long, boys."

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint says.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said language?" Tony asks.

"I know......It just slipped out."

"We have an enhanced in the field." Steve suddenly says.

"Clint's hit!" Nat yells.

I stop in my tracks and close my eyes, listening for footsteps in the forest. I stick my hand out turn suddenly. I hold up the enhanced boy in the air, "How did you-"

"Your not the only enhanced one." I smirk, I spin and hurl him through the forest.

"I just threw the enhanced boy." I say as I fly up.

"You threw him?" Steve asks.

"I caught him and threw him." I repeat, landing down next to Nat and Clint.

"Stark, we really need to get inside." Steve says.

"I'm closing in." He pauses. "Drawbridge is down, people."

"Would you like me to put you to sleep? It will make you feel better." I rub his head.

"No...no I'm okay."

"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys. We're gonna need evac." Nat says.

"I can get him to the Jet. Thor, want to assist me?" I ask.

"I'll be there, You and Stark secure the scepter." He says to Steve.

"Copy that."

I pick up Clint and fly off, "Are you sure you don't want to go to sleep. It won't hurt anymore." I ask as I softly land down and open the Jet.

"Maybe a little nap won't hurt." He groans as I lay him down.

Thor walks in as I place my hand on Clint's forehead, closing my eyes and putting him to sleep. "Can you get the Jet ready." I look up at him.

"Of course."

I walk around the small table to grab a new bandage, on my way I trip over Thor's hammer. "Thor! What did I say about leaving this on the floor!" I yell. I pick it up and walk over, tossing it to him.
Thor looks at me like I'm crazy, "What? Your the one who left it on the floor!" I yell.

"H-How did you....how did you pick this up?"

"With my hand.....What are you talking about?" I ask.

"No one can lift this...except for my father and I."

"You make no sense." I shrug, walking to get a new bandage. I turn Clint over slightly and out the new bandage on while the team walks in.

"Everything okay?" Tony asks.

Thor looks up, "Yeah! Yeah totally!" He says loudly.

I look over to see Bruce on the ground as we take off...he was listening to opera.

"Hey, the lullaby worked better than ever." Nat smiles at him as he takes off his music.

"Just wasn't expecting the Code Green."

"If you hadn't been there, there would've been double the casualties. My best friend would've been a treasured memory." Nat smiles.

"You know, sometimes exactly what I want to hear isn't exactly what I want to hear."

"How long before you trust me?" She asks.

"It's not you I don't trust."

Nat turns, "Thor, report on the Hulk?"

"The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims."
Nat glares at Thor and Bruce groans in despair. "Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh...wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh... and gout."

"Bruce would you like to take a nap? Last time it helped." I smile and rub his head. Bruce reaches up and squeezes my hand. "It's okay...thank you Y/N." He smiles.

"Hey Banner, Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony asks.

"Uh, yeah, she knows her way around."

"Thanks....Y/N I may need your magic hands to put me asleep." Tony wiggles his fingers.

"You got it." I smile.

I couldn't wait to be home.