Chapter 6 - Connection

I wake up in a strange bed. I sit up and put my wings back in my skin.

I open the door to see Nat and Steve sitting at a table with a man leaning on his kitchen counter. "Hey...I'm glad your up." Steve stands and holds onto me as he helps me sit.

"Do you carry me? With my wings out?" I ask.

"I did."

"That must of been very heavy...I apologize." I bow my head.

"It's alright Y/N. This is Sam Wilson." He points.

Sam comes over and sets a plate down, "You must be hungry. It's nice to meet you...I like your wings." He smiles.

"Thank you....I like your face." I nod. I look up at Nat as she laughs. "What?"

"Are you saying he's attractive?" Nat asks.

"Um yeah." I look at her confused. "Is that not how you express it?"

"I love you." She holds my hand and chuckles.

"Are you sure your not an Angel from heaven? You act like one." Sam chuckles.

"Have you met one before?" I smile.

"Well no but, I think they would act like you." He laughs.

"It's possible I could be." I nod. The three watch as I eat three plates of food. "What are we doing now?"

"Getting Sam's gear...then we are kidnapping Jasper Sitwell." Steve says.

"Kidnapping....." I nod. "Lets go." I jump up, tearing my clothes off to reveal my suit.

———————————————-

Steve had me sit out from the interrogation part.....I'm still learning.

When they got what they needed, we loaded up into Sam's car. I had to sit in the back...in the middle of Nat and Jasper Sitwell.

"Hydra doesn't like leaks." Jasper suddenly says.

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it." Sam says.

Nat leans up to Steve. "Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here."

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly." Steve nods.

Jasper starts to freak out, "What?! Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea-"

Suddenly someone lands on the roof and breaks the window, throwing Jasper into oncoming traffic.

My wings stretch out, staying up flat against the roof of the car to stop the bullets from hitting the others, I lean forward and pull the parking break, gasping in pain as the man falls off the car.

"Y/N! Are you okay?" Steve looks back at me as I start to turn pale.

"Yeah....yeah....I need to heal." I nod, I yell out as a truck behind us slams into us, I look up as the windshield is broken and the steering wheel is ripped out.

"Shit!" Sam yells.

I yell out in pain again as the man starts shooting again, hitting my wings. Nat crawls to the front seat, "Get out!" I yell. I create a ball of energy, slowly making it larger. I look up as the three escape just as the car starts to flip. I blast the roof and fly out, sending a huge blast at the truck behind.

The blast sends me flying into oncoming traffic, I slam against a cars windshield, I slowly slide off the car as they crash into the medium, pinning me against it. The people run out of the car, I look back to see my now broken wings slowly healing.

I close my eyes as I could hear my friends struggling, I grab onto the car and throw it aside, slowly limping towards the edge. I suck in a deep breath and groan as my wings snap into place, I leap off the edge and fly down blasting soldiers as I go.

As the man with the metal arm was going to shoot Nat, I fly down and tackle him.

I quickly stand and create an energy ball, but I couldn't blast him.

As soon as I saw his blue eyes....something changed within me.

What was this strange feeling?

The man stares at me...he doesn't move. I felt like the world had stopped around us....it was just him and I.

I feel myself being pulled towards him from an unknown force.
I knew I wasn't the only one feeling this connection...the feeling of knowing him all my life.

I slowly reach up to touch his mask, he doesn't look away from my eyes as I do so. Before my fingers can press against it, Steve tackles the man.

This force between us was broken, I felt my heart beating rapidly as I watched the fight in front of me. I couldn't move.

I stare in shock as Steve pulls off his mask, "Bucky?"

Bucky....his name is Bucky.

"Who the hell is Bucky."

As Sam pushes him down, I feel my legs shake.

I slowly fall to my knees, my vision blurring as I fall to my back.

What was going on with me?