Chapter 8 - Taking Down Shield

Steve had said That I was to stay with him, he didn't want me passing out again.

Steve, Sam. Maria, and I make it into shield so Steve could make a speech....I've noticed he's good at it.

"Attention, all Shield agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. Shield is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by Hydra. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The Strike and Insight crew are Hydra as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, Hydra will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam smiles. We run outside and onto the first Carrier. "Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asks.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad."

"It's quite simple, Sam." I laugh.

He smiles and flies off,  "Hey, guys, I found those bad guys you were talking about."

"You okay?" Steve asks as he ducks down to avoid being shot.

"I'm not dead yet."

My wings stretch out, wrapping around me as I dive down into the middle of the soldiers. I flip back and smack one with my wings, blasting the one next to me.

I occasionally look back to make sure Steve is okay, he nods at me and runs inside to put in the chip.

I stop fighting as I feel someone shoot the back of my wings, I turn angrily.....my eyes glowing blue as I walk towards the soldier. He starts to back up in fear as I grab him, tossing him off the Carrier.

I fly up as a jet starts to shoot at me, "I need help Y/N!"

"I'm busy!" I yell, zigzagging to not be hit. I flip back and fly through the Jet, sending it crashing down as Sam catches Steve.

I land down next to them and smile, "You know, you're a lot heavier than you look." Sam chuckles.

"I had a big breakfast." Suddenly Bucky appears and pushes Steve off the edge.

"Steve!" Sam yells, as he goes to fly off and help Steve Bucky grabs one of his wings and throws him back, Sam starts shooting at Bucky and as he goes to fly off Bucky uses his weapon to rip off one of Sam's wings and kicks him off the Helicarrier.

He stares at me and slowly approaches me, I look into his eyes and shake my head, kicking his chest and back flipping off and diving towards Sam. I grab him and land him down safely. "Cap? Cap, come in. Are you okay?" Sam asks, looking up at the carrier.

"Yeah, I'm here! I'm still on the Helicarrier. Where are you?"

"I'm grounded, the suit's down. Sorry, Cap." Sam sighs.

"Don't worry, I got it"

"Steve, I'm coming to help." I say.

"No....no just stay with Sam." Steve suddenly says.

"Angel? Falcon?"

"Yeah?"

"That's not my name." I frown.

"I know...it's a nickname......anyway. Rumlow's headed for the Council."

"We're on it."

"Come on." I hold my arms out for him.

"Oh no...I'm not letting you carry me like a baby."

"Suck it up." I grab him and dive off the building.

"Let me go in first." Sam nods as I let him down.

"That's unwise." I sigh, waiting.

As soon as I hear Sam grunting I run through the building, sliding around the corner and stretching my wings out. Rumlow looks up at me in shock and start to walk closer to me. As he tries to punch me I smack him with my wing, messing with him to kill time.

I then blast him back into a wall, helping Sam up as the carrier starts to hit the building. "Run!" I yell to him.

Sam stares at me for a moment before agreeing. I step in front of Rumlow, my power flowing through my hands as my eyes start to glow.

"You are the definition of pathetic." I blast him into debris. "Nat would be proud of that one." I smirk. I start to run as the building collapses, diving out and struggling fly up as the debris hits me.

I land on the side of the helicopter, looking in to see Sam, Nat, and Nick.

"Steve?" I yell. They don't answer me, I look up and dive down, gliding in the air as I search for him. "I found him!" I yell.

I dive down behind Bucky, "Stop Bucky!" I yell. He turns to face me, soaking wet. "I can help you." I put my wings away as I slowly walk closer. "It's okay....I know you feel something....let me help you." I nod. He looked scared.

Just as I was going to touch his head, he grabs my wrist and twists it, making me fall to my knees.

When I look up...he was gone. Instead of chasing after him, I go to Steve...he was hurt. I knew if I woke him, he could die. I slowly cradle him in my arms and fly off. "I found him...I'm taking him to the hospital."

I didn't sleep for weeks while he was in the hospital....I had to protect him.

I only went home when he was all better...when he was stronger.

But this wouldn't be the last time I would see him.