Chapter 3 - Chaos

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" Nick walks in.

"Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you."

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract." Nick says.

"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile." Bruce nods.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss." Suddenly Tony's monitor shows a collection of secret files. "What is Phase 2?"

Suddenly, Steve drops a rifle on the table causing us to turn, I noticed he looked mad. "Phase 2 is Shield uses the cube to make weapons. Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."

Nick tries to explain. "Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're..."

"I'm sorry, Nick. Tony moves the computer screen towards Fury which shows plans of The weapons. "What were you lying?"

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve shakes his head.

At that moment, Thor and Natasha walk into the lab. Natasha keeps her eyes right on Bruce, who looks at her in anger.
"Did you know about this?" He asks.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?"

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed." He chuckles.

"Loki's manipulating you." She steps forward.

"And you've been doing what exactly?" Bruce narrows his eyes.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why Shield is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Bruce points.

"Because of him." Nick points at Thor.

"Me?"

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Nick nods.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled." Nick nods.

"Controlled?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve asks.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor says.

Steve looks stunned, "A higher form?"

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Nick shrugs.

"Nuclear deterrent. 'Cause that always calms everything right down." Tony nods.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?" Nick asks.

Steve nods, "I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep..."

"Wait! Wait! Hold on! How is this now about me?"

"I'm sorry, isn't everything?" Steve asks.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this." Thor frowns, I nod in agreement, keeping quiet.