Chapter 15 - Birthday

It's only been about a year since we defeated Ultron, I'm still at the Compound with the team, Tony visits sometimes but he's been busy.

Today was my "Birthday" so I was going to see May and Peter while the team was on a mission.

May insisted on making me dinner, and the three of us spending time together. 

I was happy to see them.

I use my key to open the apartment door, jumping in surprise as the two jump out with decorations everywhere

I use my key to open the apartment door, jumping in surprise as the two jump out with decorations everywhere. "Surprise!"

"Oh my....guys you didn't have to do all this!" I laugh.

"We wanted to!" May hugs me tight. "Happy Birthday sweetie." She kisses my cheek.

Peter then hugs me, "Happy Birthday!" I hug him and pull away, feeling more muscle on his arms than usual. I give him a weird look but then smile.

"Come in! I made your favorite pasta!" May rushes to the kitchen.

"What are you hiding?" I whisper.

"I-What?" He looks confused.

"You were always tiny...now you have muscles. What have you been doing?" I ask.

"Wow...thanks. I don't know...maybe just puberty." He shrugs.

"Mhm." I nod, sitting at the table.

May dishes out the food and we start to eat, I felt so happy to be home. "So how old are you now?" Peter asks, making me laugh.

"Uh....I think 23? It's hard to keep track when I went from a child to an adult in one year." I nod.

May looks away sadly, she knew what my father did to me. "Um...are you staying the night?" She asks.

"Yes, my bag is by the door." I point with my fork.

"Tell me about your superhero life!"

"It's....hard." I nod. "I love protecting people, but it's hard being away from you both." I nod.

"Did the Avengers do anything for your birthday?" Peter asks.

"Tony bought me a new IPhone." I hold it up. "Steve took me out for dinner and ice cream last night, he got me a new backpack because I always like having bag packed with me." I nod. "Nat....she bought me new clothes." I chuckle. "Sam got me a gift card to..." I pause to think. "Ben and Jerry's.....they named some flavors after us. Mine is called 'Angel food cake.' Its pretty good." I nod. "Wanda and Vision got me a guitar...Wanda and I are both practicing."

"Well since we are talking about gifts...." May pulls out a small wrapped box.

"May....no gifts. Remember?" I take it.