fifty six

CHAPTER FIFTY SIXTHE FIGHT CONTINUES

CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
THE FIGHT CONTINUES

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

The doors that once shielded the facility opened

The doors that once shielded the facility opened. Antares stepped forward as the sound of chirps filled her ears. She turned towards Clint, who was walking to his phone, her heart leaping in joy when he answered with a broken voice, "Honey?" Antares could hear Laura on the other end. She then saw Kendal and Renae hunched over a phone as Fury's voice rang out of it.

"Loki?" Antares asked, turning towards the man with a glint of hope, his eyes on Thor as tears glistened in their eyes. They had done it.

She turned back to the garden before her, birds dancing as Loki put a hand on her shoulder. "We did it, Nat." She breathed out, a tear cascading down her cheek as Loki stepped forward, a hand outstretched towards the girl.

The moment of happiness was soon removed as the sound of an oncoming attack filled her ears from the ship she saw blotting out the sun in the sky.

"Everyone, get down!" She called in a panic as she turned to shield the oncoming attack, though she couldn't quite shake the knowledge that Wanda's abilities would be best suited here.

Antares grabbed Loki and pulled him to her as they fell down the cavern created by the missile, using her powers to catch as many of the members of the avengers as she could before cushioning her land.

"Is that everyone?" She asked as she let go of Loki and looked amongst the unharmed participants before her.

"Antares, look out!" Rocket called, eyeing a slab of cement as it came before her head. Banner quickly took hold of it, not before it crumbled in his hands and fell around them. Antares was better prepared. She caught the debris and left a bubble around them.

"Where's Tony?" She asked, looking to Rhodey and Banner. They shrugged, not having seen the others. "Steve?" She asked, hopeful.

"Is there anyone on the coms?" Rohdey asked, yelling into his earpiece as water sizzled at the edge of her field. She had used a mixture of her telekinesis and fire to keep the food waters out, but the strain on her power was over baring