forty eight

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHTBROTHER

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT
BROTHER

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

Antares awoke on the skirts of a plain field, partially covered by trees

Antares awoke on the skirts of a plain field, partially covered by trees. She looked all around her, eyes squinting as she looked up to the sun that shone through the cracks in the leaves. The black ash that once pulled her towards the Soul Stone bow circulated her body as it made her back into her very existence.

Her whole body felt heavy, her eyes drooped and she felt like she hadn't slept in years. She really hadn't slept in years. She had once thought that she was tired and worn out while in the Soul Stone, but this wasn't anything like that. She hadn't eaten, hadn't slept, hadn't drank. Her body was beginning to shut down.

She stood from her place on the ground, the grass lands under her thriving a vibrant green. The trees were taller than she remembered. How long was she really gone? She had thought it to be two years, but something just feels off.

An alarm sounded over the speakers at the Wakandan headquarters that seemed much too far away now. "Warning, an unidentifiable object has entered the energy field. Warning. Warning, an unidentifiable object has entered the energy field."

"Oh, well fuck me." She hissed out, patting down her crinkled hero wear. Standing tall as she walked from out of the forrest line with her hands raised as she noticed Okoye and the other Dora Milaje following her out on a hover vehicle.

"Who are you?" She asked from afar, her voice loud and clear as it carried towards the returned hero.

"Okoye, it's me... Antares!" She called, feeling helpless and a little lost. Her heart rate exhalirated and her breath became shallow. "It's me..." and then her legs gave way.

"Antares!" Okoye called as she ran the rest of the way towards the brown skinned girl, taking her head in her hands and holding her tight. "What happened to you?" There was only sympathy and concern held in her voice, eye brows furrowed at her tired laugh.