fifty two

CHAPTER FIFTY TWOTIME HIEST

CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
TIME HIEST

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

"Alright everyone. Are we ready?" Kendal asked from her spot by the control panel, her daughter by her side.

"Aye aye." Scott answered, sending a two fingered salute towards the woman who rolled her eyes with an exasperated sigh. She just wanted to see her husband come home safe and sound.

Antares smirked as she pocketed the shrunken down ship into her suit, reminding her of a more innocent time when she would play with little toy cars with Rigel while their mother was at work.

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket asked the girl giving her a skeptical look.

"Have I ever done anything to hurt your precious ship before?" She asked in return which only earned her perked ears and wide eyes.

"Yes!" He cried at her in his small furry fury. "Twice."

"Oh, come on. The second time was so Pete's fault!"

"It was not and you know it."

"Guys!" Steve cut the two off causing them both to stand down, Antares clearing her throat as she met Loki's eyes across from her. The god only sending her an amused grin. She returned it.

"Alright good to go." Kendal informed the group.

"See you in a minute." Natasha smiled towards Steve and took Antares' hand in hers. The later giving a reassuring squeeze as the disk around them started to spin and grind into action. The group all placed on their helmets before disappearing.

"Oh, shit!" Renaé cried out in surprise. Kendal sent a disapproving look towards her now twenty-one year old daughter. "What?"