five

CHAPTER FIVEDEATH OF A FATHER

CHAPTER FIVE
DEATH OF A FATHER

[ THOR: RAGNAROK ]

Antares took in the surroundings, the green grass, ongoing mountains, the cliff and the sea view horizon

Antares took in the surroundings, the green grass, ongoing mountains, the cliff and the sea view horizon. "I've always wanted to come to Norway." The girl whispered in awe. "Oh, and there's Odin," Antares mumbled, seeing the man next to the cliff, also enjoying the view. "Do ya, like... want me to give you boys some privacy or..."

Although it had been a fairly okay day in New York, it was freezing in Norway and her thin layers made the girl shiver instantly. Thor, noticing her coldness, shrugged off his coat like the gentleman he is and placed it on her shoulders before the two men walked towards their father.

Antares took a seat on the ground, watching their interaction from afar as she pulled the jacket around her, tighter. She watched as Loki's face paled and showed remorse for his adoptive father as the three took a seat on the rock.

The sun started to grow brighter in the sky and as Odin turned into little clusters of what looked to be stars, Antares jumped up from her spot. She walked towards the two, getting to their sides just as Odin fully passed and the sky turned to grey.

"Brother." She heard Loki sooth. Antares looked down towards her friend's hand, seeing the lightning curse threw them.

"Thor, you need to calm down. What happened?"
Antares asked but Thor just glared at Loki.

"This was your doing!" He growled.

"Woah there, let's not go throwing blame around. Now tell me, what the hell is going on!" Antares yelled this time.

"We have an older sister, the rightful leader to the throne," Loki answered.

"Okay and? Thor never wanted the throne anyway."

"She's Hela, the goddess of death." Loki continued. The girls face paled as she looked up to Loki, her mouth opening and closing like a goldfish.

A sound of whirling wind filled their ears, Antares turning around to look at the sky but what was making the sound didn't come from the sky, it came from in front of them.

A circle of black cloud was forming a whirling circle, within the middle came a glowing blue. The three walked forwards, Loki uses his magic to change his clothes and with a clap of thunder, Thor's casual outwear changed to his Asgardian warrior attire.

Antares stood, stunned at the two as her 'powers' didn't allow her to change her clothes with a snap of her fingers so she was stuck in her white dress and thor's coat as she readied herself to fight any foe that came through the spiralling black cloud.

Through the portal came a woman dressed in tight black armour, her eye makeup dark as her black hair hung in front of her face, this was Hela. "So he's gone?" Was all she said as the portal behind her closed up. "Shame, I would've really liked to have seen that."

"You must be Hela." Thor commented, "I'm Thor, son of Odin."

"Really? You don't look like him." She commented.

"Perhaps we could come to an arrangement," Loki said, looking warily at his older adoptive sister.

"You sound like him."

"Look, lady, I'm not sure what you're after but at the end of this story, you're the one who goes down," Antares growled, her eyes glowed yellow as she tried to search the goddesses mind but she too had hers blocked off.

"You," she laughed. "You don't know when to keep your mouth shut, who are you?" She asked, Antares went to open her mouth to speak again but Hela cut her off, "Never mind, it doesn't matter."

"Kneel." Hela sneered.

"I beg your pardon?" Loki asked, astonished.

"I bet you're not used to being asked that." Antares laughed at the male to her left, she then turned to her right to where Thor stood and laughed pointing towards the black haired male.

"This is no joke," Hela commented as a large black sword appeared in her hand. "Kneel, before your queen."

"I don't think so," Thor answered, throwing Mjölnir towards the older lady, Antares let out a scoff but choked as Hela had caught the hammer.

"This is not possible." Thor huffed, using all his powers.

"Darling, you have no idea what's possible." She said before crushing the hammer into pieces with her bare hand.

"Holy, sh-" a large bolt of lightning erupted knocking Antares off her feet. She quickly stumbled to her feet just in time to see Hela change her hair into an antler-like crown. Two swords were found in her hands as she sauntered forward.

"Bring us back!" Loki called. The Bifrost opened up, taking the four with it.

"No!" Thor screamed, but it was too late.

As they travelled along the Bifrost, Thor called towards Loki and Antares as Hela gained on the two at a rapid speed.

Loki threw daggers at the woman only for them to be thrown back at him, Antares grabbed the mans shoulder to pull him away but he was still hit, pulling them both from the Bifrost.

Antares let go of Loki as the two fumbled in the sky, they were falling from a great height and nothing seemed to be around them. Loki grabbed onto the girl's outstretched hand and brought her close to him as they hit the ground, Loki taking most of the impact. He had no idea what Thor would do if she got hurt.

Loud groans filled the air as the two struggled to catch their breaths, Antares from the sudden impact and constant falling while Loki's from the sudden weight on his chest and the rubbish digging into his back.

Antares stood from the ground with great difficulty. She stumbled across the man's body before she untangled herself fully from his grasp, detangling herself from Thor's coat in the process. A groan left her lips as the heavy scrap metal on her back, scratched her arm leaving her white dress dirty and covered in blood.