thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEENTHE GRANDMASTERS BALL

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
THE GRANDMASTERS BALL

[ THOR: RAGNAROK ]

Today was the Grandmaster's monthly ball and he had explained to Loki and Antares that his 'friends' (slaves) would spend all day setting up the great hall to have an old-fashioned ball which he truly enjoyed having

Today was the Grandmaster's monthly ball and he had explained to Loki and Antares that his 'friends' (slaves) would spend all day setting up the great hall to have an old-fashioned ball which he truly enjoyed having. Saying that it was a time for everyone to dress in the nicest of clothes and to dance the night away. He also said that he is to open the balcony which leads to a rather large green room that Antares hasn't yet seen before. Everything was very Cinderella-esque.

She stayed in her room that day, Loki's words occupying her mind, she couldn't help to forget them nor could she help the big gaping hole inside his mind that had opened up to her. She wasn't sure whether he knew his walls were breaking and she didn't want to say anything, but after what he said a couple days ago she didn't want to ruin his trust or barge into his mind without asking, so she didn't.

When it grew closer and closer to the time where the ball would start, the two were taken away from each other, Loki was taken by a few males who had explained that the Grandmaster wished to meet with him while Antares was told that she was to get dressed for the ball. There was still about three hours left.

There was a group of four girls working on Antares, first, they wished to do her makeup, making it subtle, soft, and sweet. They tied braids around her hair, leading them into a small bun at the back of her head, placing on top a small intricate golden coloured flower crown to top it all off. That process at least took over two hours, making sure everything was perfect, spraying down all of her fly aways.

She was wearing her average gold jewellery and was taken to a small dressing stand where they had finally revealed the dress she was to wear. She really did feel like Cinderella, the girls around her seeming to be her multiple fairy godmothers.

She was carefully placed into the dress, making sure the fabric wasn't ruined. The sleeves slipped over her arms gracefully and the dress was finally zipped up. While two of the girls held up the dress to not wrinkle it, another slowly slipped on her shoes before they all stepped back to allow her to look in the mirror.

Antares couldn't help the large smile that rested on her face as she took a spin and watched the golden and cream colour skirt sway. The gold accent pieces are what really made her dress come together causing her to feel more beautiful than she ever had. The other gowns were indeed beautiful but this was beyond stunning.

The girls had helped Antares for hours to make her look stand out and they most defiantly did the job right. She couldn't help the large smile on her face, it ever lingered and at first, it almost seemed crazy but after a while, it settled and her smile only made her even prettier.

She didn't know why but she couldn't wait for Loki's reaction. Would he find her just as beautiful as she found herself? Maybe even more. Any thought of leaving the planet no longer lingered as she took another twirl and another before she had grabbed the hand of the closest girl and they started dancing, everyone was laughing.

"You look beautiful." One of the girls spoke up with a smile, clapping her hands.

"And you're an amazing dancer." The girl Antares had been dancing with chuckled as they stopped and she turned to the others. "You're really going to be the bell of the ball."

"Thank you, really. I know this is your job and all, but you're all so pretty and nice." Antares answered honestly smile at each individual. "Thank you." She repeated before they all hurried her out the door to another servent, this one a male.

"This way Miss Antares, the Grandmaster is waiting for you." He smiled holding out his arm which Antares took. The two walked toward the grand hall before entering, as the doors were heavy, when they opened they made a noise which everyone stopped to watch. The male distancing himself from Antares leaving her in the doorway on her own.

The music still played rather loudly while Antares felt eyes on her, those few whispered while others went back to dancing. She took more steps into the room, looking around to find Loki. When she found the male, he had his back to her talking to another couple near the middle of the room, Antares walked closer to the trio, the couples talking stopped as they looked behind Loki, smiling at the dark-skinned beauty.

Loki, wanting to know what they were looking at, turned his head to look behind him. Upon seeing the shy woman, his eyes lit up at her beauty, how the colour of the dress complimented her brown eyes making them sparkle, how her hair and the flower crown made her look like a goddess, she was stunning in every way possible. Her beauty was enough to leave Freyja jealous.

"I have never seen anyone more beautiful than you." He breathed out, fully turning around, forgetting entirely about what his conversation with the couple was to do with. All he could focus on was the girl in front of him who smiled bashfully, thanking the man for his compliments.

Her hands didn't know where to rest as she wasn't sure whether she should just cover her face with her ever-growing blush, thankful that her beautiful brown kissed skin almost hid her blush effortlessly.

She finally was able to take in the mans features and the type of suit he wore. It was highly formal in comparison to the last suit he had worn for their welcoming banquet. The suit seemed to hug him in every way possible while also looking like it's the right size. He had skipped the tie option though he had his shirt buttoned all the way up. Everything he wore was all black except for his blazer which was a sparkling gold with black accents. It was as if the grandmaster purposely made the two wear gold together.

"You look rather dashing yourself." She smiled putting on a British accent, fixing up the golden jacket he wore. "And why don't you look at that, these shoes are taller than my normal ones, I'm about your height." She giggled causing the male to look into her eyes which were -for once- level with his own.

Smiles graced both their faces as they stayed standing in the middle of the ballroom. They seemed to have been stuck in each others trance, just taking in all the beauty the displayed. The music finally changed to another song, causing Loki to take a step back, hold out his hand and take a bow, "Would you do me the honour of dancing with me?" He asked, also using the British accent.

"Why, I thought you'd never ask." She smiled as they kept going with the accent before letting out a small laugh, taking his hand in hers and walking further onto the dance floor.

A.N:

N: