thirty

CHAPTER THIRTYSTAY OR GO

CHAPTER THIRTY
STAY OR GO

[ AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR ]

Antares was sitting with a few small children and happily telling them stories of her time with her brother and the Avengers, but she was disturbed from her storytelling by Loki grabbing her bicep and picking her up off the floor, bringing her ove...

Antares was sitting with a few small children and happily telling them stories of her time with her brother and the Avengers, but she was disturbed from her storytelling by Loki grabbing her bicep and picking her up off the floor, bringing her over towards Thor and the others who stood by a window. 

It had been several days since the girl has awoken and the Asgardians were getting used to the idea of Loki spending time around them, though they tend to be cautious around the children still, everyone seemed to adore Antares. Though Antares thought there was nothing to adore about her. Loki seemed to be against her thoughts and explained how she was adorable and great with children, then be would immediately backtrack as though what he had said went against everything he stood for (which it did).

To Antares (from the stories that she had been told from the Avengers of the man before her) she would guess that he had grown soft if she didn't know any better, but she did. She knew that Loki complementing her was his way of saying 'I like you' without actually having to say it as commitment and love was a new thing to the man.

She never missed the small smiles he would hold on his face when he spoke to his brother when he offered words of wisdom and how Thor spoke to him as an equal and not someone beneath him as their father had. Honestly, Antares would've wished Odin to have died sooner if she had known that that was all it would take to bring back Thor's 'loving' brother he so obviously cared for.

Brynhildr had also been a lot more happy in her surroundings. With a lack of rations also came a lack of alcohol which stopped her excessive drinking, allowing her to be sober for the first time in years. Though Antares was let known that the Valkyrie had supported a massive hangover over the days she was unconscious.

Other than that, Korg was still happy and dim-witted as ever while Bruce remained as the hulk over the period of time, which was lucky considering what Antares had been shown looming just outside the window.

They were in for a fight.

"Oh, shit." Antares hissed out as she took in the large and menacing ship, she turned to Loki who stood a tad closer than comfortable to anyone other than her, his closeness a sign of worry or protection, she knew there wasn't something right about this ship. "Have you made contact?"

"We've tried, but received no answer. Their offence seems hostile." Brynhildr answered.

"Then we must get the people off this ship, we have to distract them. They must be after something and the people of Asgard would not have it." Antares answered.

"Brynhildr, Antares, you guys work on escorting the people to the escape vessel on the other side of this ship, Korg will keep trying to make contact and we'll stay. Something tells me we're in for a fi-" but Thor was unable to finish his orders as the ship rocked and a safety alarm flared to life.

"They're hostile, very hostile. Brynhildr let's get to moving these people, shall we?" Antares said in a flurry not wanting all their hard work from a week ago to go for nothing.

"Antares!" Loki quickly called, turning to the girl he so desperately loved, she turned back to him while Brynhildr ran off to play hero and escort the people of Asgard to safety.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"If anything happens, I want you to be on that ship as well, I will not stand for myself if you got hurt." He said as he stared deep into the girl's golden glow that was her eyes. Loki hopes for a guarantee of the safety of his love while Antares looked for the seriousness of that man's words, a flash of recognition flashed across them in a shimmer.

"You know what's about to happen." She whispered, her eyes narrowing, "You know who's on that ship, don't you?"

"Yes, and it's not safe." He sighed.

"Not safe my arse, I won't leave you." She growled, turning away to go help Brynhildr before it's too late,  she knew Loki wanted to say something so she snapped, "and that's final!" Before walking away.

Brynhildr has already started to get the people on board safely, the children went first, then the mothers, then the young males and females, old people were placed on board last, contrary to beliefs. Only the young could keep civilisation moving. Antares was happy to say that the people moved with little to know chaos as the ships rocking insisted with larger hits, it's barriers weakening. She could faintly hear Korg's cries for the ship to withdraw, that there were families on the ship, innocent people.

Antares and Brynhildr stood on either side of the entrance ushering in larger herds of Asgardians as the ship rocked once more, this time it was large, sending everyone to the floor. Brynhildr grabbed hold to Antares who had grabbed hold of the railing above the door. There was now a hole in the ship, it was weak and starting to fall to pieces. Antares and Brynhildr knew what they had to do, she had to leave now or no one would be safe. Thor voiced their concerns allowing Brynhildr to enter the escape ship and close the doors, bidding her last farewell towards the girl who had become her friend.

"How many people made it aborted the ship?" Thor asked as Antares came back over towards the men, Loki sending her an uneasy look, his eyes showing nothing but dismay.

"Over half made it onto the ship, many of the remaining Asgardians are older or wished for others to board in their place." She answered.

Thor looked to her then to the crowd of individuals who remained. He gave the girl a small pat on the back before addressing the crowd and getting their attention.

"There is someone attacking our ship, who they are or what they want is unknown, but you're here. You may not survive. And for that, I thank you for giving up your lives for the young, for your families and friends. Those of you who can fight, please grab a weapon and make use of it, for those of you who can't, try your hardest to stay alive." Thor addressed his people.

"This man who is after us is known to not care for others, not care for who lives and who dies as he gathers what he so desperately desires. Look alive, try your best, we're in for a fight."  Loki commanded, the crowd listened and seemed to grow in resilience. "You, stay by my side." Loki ordered Antares as he walked up beside her, "I will not lose you, not again."

"Don't worry, I'll keep control of my powers." She sighed.

"That's what I'm afraid of." The male shot back.

Another shot hit the ship, people flew to the ground before another was shot through the whole, hitting and killing those in its wake, bright sparks left in its trail. There was a bright flash before four men were standing in the ship. Their powers excelled any of the gods, they were no match for the man who called himself Thanos nor were they any match the those he called his children. They were too strong and Antares was scared of using her powers in such a confined space.

Thor was beaten to the ground, weak as can be, his people slaughtered in front of his eyes.

Hulk seemed to have hidden just right, waiting for the perfect time to pounce.

Antares had found herself powerless against the men before her, her having not practised those powers since Hela left her almost defenceless as she became a human rag doll to the purple giant in front of her, her body laying beside Thor's.