thirty nine

CHAPTER THIRTY NINETO LOVE

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
TO LOVE

[ AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR ]

Antares was hesitant at first but she realised that if she could be shown love and if Loki could change from his old ways and be trusted to fight along the Avengers, then so could the Winter Soldier, the only thought she could think of was, did he...

Antares was hesitant at first but she realised that if she could be shown love and if Loki could change from his old ways and be trusted to fight along the Avengers, then so could the Winter Soldier, the only thought she could think of was, did he really save her and Rigel all those years ago?

With great hesitation, she extended her hand out to the male who looked at her in shock, her hand shook with nerves as the old memories of the hydra base flourished through her mind, however she had known that if Steve trusted him, then he must be good. "I'm so sorry for acting the way I did, I was just-"

"Scared." He offered, his voice soft and she could see a flash of pain as he extended his hand out to shake her own. Those words also describing how he felt. "You have no idea."

"I'm so sorry." She whispered feeling bad for having been so afraid of him.

"It's not your fault." He reassured, "Anything that reminded me of Hydra is quite scary. I too was hesitant to meet you at first."

"I'm sorry we couldn't save you too."

"I'm sorry about Rigel." He whispered, changing the topic slightly, he felt terrible to lie to her but at the same time it wasn't really a lie when he was feeling sorry since the boy was in space.

"Alright, that's enough." Loki snapped, causing Antares to pull back with a slight laugh, having felt much better as the fear washed away. She knew Loki was only worried about the girls sanity and having seen her in such a state of fear and shock had made him think that other man before them couldn't be trusted.

"Loki, you're jealousy is showing." She nodded towards him with a small smile then her voice turned into a whisper, "Chill, it's okay, I'm fine now. It was only a slight panic."

"I am 'chill'." He rolled his eyes.

"Sure, frosty." She chuckled back before falling behind and taking her spot by his side again as they walked through T'Challa's palace. When Vision and the others moved to go inside with the princess, Shuri - Antares and Loki decided to wait outside the room where a large window overlooked the fields of Wakanda.