4

Joe stood at the foot of his king-size bed, eyeing up the shirts and jackets lined up. He was still walking around in a towel, half an hour after showering. He always took a while to get ready, definitely took the longest of the three members of The Shield. He prided himself on his appearance, always made sure everything was put together and carefully planned. It wasn't necessarily because he was vain. His bigger frame forced him to be more careful about what he wore. Colby looked effortless no matter what he had on, while Jon didn't give a shit as long as it covered him up and he looked decent. Joe didn't quite have that luxury, so he was more particular than most. Tonight however, it was imperative that he dressed to impress.

He shook his head, a short laugh escaping him. Joe wasn't known to be nervous often, but this was one of those times. He couldn't remember the last time he'd actively pursued a woman. He hardly ever made the first move, simply because women flocked to him before he even opened his mouth. Sasha was the first woman in a long time that made him look twice, that sparked a genuine interest in him. He wasn't going to lie; he thought his forwardness would blow up in his face, after what had happened at the grocery store and after she'd tried to turn him down at the Grill. It surprised him to know the unfamiliar number flashing on his iPhone belonged to her. He'd played it cool when he picked up and hoped he'd pulled it off. It was a long time since anyone made him feel this way. There was something there and he was willing to pursue it.

He got dressed in a grey button-down shirt and black pants. He opted for the business casual look, not knowing how Sasha herself would be dressed. Checking his appearance one more time, he grabbed his phone, car keys and wallet before heading outside to his Range Rover.

——————–

Sasha stood in front of the full length mirror, pulling the zipper up the side of her black long-sleeved dress. She slipped into a black pair of high heels that she hadn't worn in a long time and hoped she wouldn't fall on her face tonight. She stood up straight and stared at her reflection. Hair up or hair down? Was the dress too short? Too flashy? Was she showing too much cleavage? Should she have used the nude lipstick, or just stick with the red? What was going to happen tonight?

 Hair up or hair down? Was the dress too short? Too flashy? Was she showing too much cleavage? Should she have used the nude lipstick, or just stick with the red? What was going to happen tonight?

Relax. It's just dinner. Nothing more. But what if Joe wanted more? Did she? Could she handle it? She recalled Pam's words from the day before: If it's just sex he wants, even better. Get in, get off, get out. Sasha wished it was that simple. A number of daunting scenarios traveled through her mind, but she pushed them all aside before she could change her mind about the whole thing.