EPILOGUE

"Boy, you better not drop me on my ass or there will be hell to pay!"

"Oh come on, woman. Since you've known me, have I ever dropped you?"

Sasha wrapped her arms more securely around Joe's neck, giggling as he continued to walk forwards, holding her carefully in his arms. "You don't have to do this whole 'carrying me over the threshold' thing, you know. If it's too much hassle," she said.

Joe rolled his eyes at her fussing. "Relax. I got it. Besides, isn't this what every new bride wants? I heard it brings good luck, and I promised I'd do it so I will." His grip remained firm and steady around her waist and under her knees as he stepped through the front door of their brand new home. He set her down, looking extremely proud of himself, while Sasha slapped his arm with a laugh. She pushed her hair out of her face and looked around. After months of renovations and fittings and moving huge brown cardboard boxes around, their house was finally complete.

 After months of renovations and fittings and moving huge brown cardboard boxes around, their house was finally complete

It looked perfect, just the way they both wanted it. With Alma's careful supervision, the finishing touches had been added while the couple enjoyed their honeymoon. Sasha smiled at the banner that hung at the entrance with the words 'WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME MR. AND MRS. ANOA'I' written in shiny green on a silver background. Sat on the table underneath the mirror on the wall to their left were a bottle of champagne and two glasses. Alma's welcome gift to them, no doubt.

Now that they had returned from their honeymoon, it was back to reality, although Joe had the rest of the day to look forward to with his new wife before he got back on the road in the morning. For now, they were all alone; T.K. was touring the independent wrestling circuit while Mia was on a week-long school trip. Sasha didn't have to be back at the downtown Grill until the weekend. She would spend the time she had left going over the house and trying to keep busy so she wouldn't miss the kids and her husband too much. "We'll need to organize a housewarming party soon," she said, turning to him. "I'll check for the next available date you're home and set it for then."

Joe shrugged. "If that's what you want."

Sasha raised an eyebrow. "It's gotta be what we both want, baby. If you're not keen on a party then we won't have one. No biggie."

Shaking his head, he wrapped a muscular arm around his wife's shoulders. "Of course we should have a party," he replied. "This house represents the start of so much for us. It'll be good to share it with friends. So whatever plans you make, I'm game."

Her face brightened. Secretly she'd hoped he'd agree. "Okay. Consider it done. But for now, we celebrate together."

She gestured towards the bottle of champagne. Joe picked it up and popped the cork, jumping back when some of the liquor spilled to the floor. He quickly poured each of them a glass and handed one to Sasha. "To what do we toast?" he asked.

Sasha smiled. "To many years of great memories in this home," she began, "Hopefully, we can kick off with some gold around this fine waist of yours." Her fingers trickled down to his lower abdomen, where a championship belt would rest.