32

"Have I told you before that I like your tattoo?"

Joe chuckled softly at his girlfriend's tired voice drifting through his ears. It was the first word either of them had spoken since their last romp ended several minutes ago. "A couple of times, yeah," he answered, lazily running his fingers through her sex-tousled hair as thunder rolled on outside. They'd been in the middle of round two on his daybed when rain began to fall out of nowhere, forcing them to retreat to his bedroom. Both were high on happiness, set on exploring their newly declared love for each other and determined to make up for their time apart, to the point that they did not make it into his bed until round four, with Joe taking her roughly against the wall for the rest of round two and Sasha straddling him on the floor in round three. The fourth was just as frantic, with Sasha gripping the headboard for dear life, her legs on Joe's shoulders as they cried out each other's names. Spent and sore, they were now propped up against the headboard, swathed in the soft sheets and covers of the bed. Sasha's back rested against Joe's chest, her cheek pressed to his bicep and her fingers tracing the intricate lines etched in the bulging arm curled around her neck. The Samoan cradled her in his arms, basking in the afterglow of their reunion. Nothing could quite describe how he was currently feeling. He'd dreamed about this for a long time and that it had come true brought nothing but joy to his heart.

"Well I'll say it again. I like it," Sasha said, turning her head to place a kiss on his bicep. "I'm not fond of tattoos because most of them are ugly and look like so much pain. I still can't believe you spent thirty hours on this. But it was worth it. It looks good on you."

"Maybe, but it's definitely not as good as the brand new one you gave me," he joked, pointing at his other shoulder where Sasha's teeth marks branded the skin close to the base of his neck. She turned around for a better look and laughed. "You light-skinned boys and your fragile selves," she commented, brushing her thumb over the reddened bruise. "T.K. gets bit by an insect and he's redder than a tomato. Anyway, I was simply marking you as mine, baby. It looks hot. Goes with your badass character. Add in your brush with the law and you're pretty much the quintessential bad boy, Mr. Reigns," she winked and grinned.

"Come on, it happened one time!" Joe protested, his arms raised incredulously. "And it was hardly badass. I was a College freshman and I was an impressionable idiot. I sure as hell didn't feel badass after my folks tore me a new one when they found out. Even worse is there's evidence of that shitty-ass night on the internet. My hair super-short and sticking up at all ends looking like I got electrocuted."

"Come on, you couldn't have looked that bad," Sasha laughed as he held her again.

"Trust me babe, I did. I didn't look much like I do now. My hair wasn't long and not many of these muscles were there then. Just a whole lot of extra meat on my bones. It's the ugliest mug shot in mug shot history."

"I saw your older photos at your parents' place," said Sasha, "You were definitely in shape. You know, like a football player."

"I didn't think so. Those were the chubby days for me. I actually passed the three hundred pound mark at one point and I didn't feel at all healthy. I managed to finally shed majority of the fat and build the muscles right before I joined the WWE." He glanced at his shoulder again, a shit-eating grin on his face. "You've never bit me before, babe. I like. It's pretty hot." He looked down at her with a smirk. "I musta dicked you down real good to get such a nice present." He palmed her breast while his lips scooped her earlobe. "Am I right, baby girl? Did I give it to you good?"

His warm breath and deep baritone voice heated up her skin, and if she wasn't so tired she'd have mounted him again. "You always give it to me good, baby. You know that." Tilting her head, her mouth found his, and the couple momentarily lost themselves in the kiss. Breaking away reluctantly, she pecked his cheek and leaned further into his warm body, sighing blissfully as his hand smoothed over the curve of her waist and hip, the gesture gentle and soothing. It was moments like this that she loved and missed while they were apart; the alone time, talking and cuddling – preferably naked like they were now – and doing nothing else. "I've always liked that, you know."