43

For the millionth time, Sasha looked at her phone, hoping to find a text message or a missed call or any form of contact from her boyfriend, and for the millionth time there was nothing. She'd texted him with apologies and pleas to call her back, but there was no reply whatsoever. It was clear that he was avoiding her. He was still angry and he had every right to be. But he was being unfair! She made a mistake and owned up to it and yet he was punishing her for it. The only thing she could do was wait till he calmed down. She decided to give Jon Good a call while she was on her coffee break at work. The least she could do was find out if Joe was doing okay.

"Hey Sash. What's up?"

"Hey Jon. I hope I'm not calling you at a bad time. I've been trying to reach Joe. For some reason his phone keeps saying it's switched off." She tried to sound as casual as possible.

"Oh yeah. I know he's mentioned having problems with his phone. I can go get him for you if you want so you can talk to him," said Jon.

Sasha's brow furrowed. "Wait, he's with you in Vegas?" He went all the way to Jon's home to escape her? Unbelievable.

"No, not Vegas. We're in Charlotte, North Carolina. He's scheduled to be on Raw tonight." He paused, sensing unease. "He didn't tell you?"

"No," Sasha said through gritted teeth. "I haven't heard from him in three days."

"Oh." Jon winced, immediately realizing something was wrong. "We've been very busy since we got here. I'm sure he just forgot," he offered.

She was sure he didn't. "Yeah. Probably. Could you ask him to give me a call when he can?"

"Will do. Later Sash." Ending the call, he looked over to see Joe walking his way. "Dude, why haven't you spoken to your girlfriend in three days?"

"You two callin' each other now?" Joe said, narrowing his eyes.

"She called me because she couldn't reach you." Jon frowned at the look on the bigger man's face. He'd seen that look before, and the insinuation was enough to boil his blood. "Do not fuckin' look at me like that, I will drop you on your ass. I don't know what's going on between you two and it ain't my business. Stop being a tool and call her and fuckin' leave me out of it."

With that he brushed past the Samoan roughly and walked off. Joe watched him leave and decided he kind of deserved that. Sighing heavily, he withdrew his phone from his back pocket. He might as well get it over with.

"Joe?"

Hearing her voice only reminded him of why he was angry with her. "Expecting someone else?" he sneered.

She ignored the cutting remark. "I've been calling you and sending you messages. You haven't answered a single one," she said.

"I've been busy."

Again, brusque and concise. "Baby I told you I was sorry. You don't have to put me through this silent treatment crap."

"Really? Last I checked you're the one who's been keeping silent about stuff," Joe challenged.

"Babe, please."

"Let's face it Sasha, you've been acting weird since we got back from Pensacola. I scared you with the marriage talk, didn't I?"

"You didn't scare me. You just gave me something to think about is all," she admitted.

"Is that why things have felt awkward between us ever since? You could've at least said something; that you were uncomfortable, that it was too soon, anything. But you don't say a word and I have no idea what you're thinking or how you feel. And then the shit happens with your ex and you don't tell me about it. And to top it all off you basically blame me for taking your eye off T.K. Thanks Sash, I really appreciate that."