23

She felt like she was being deployed to some war-torn country. Like she was going away to the other side of the world and wasn't returning for six months. In reality it was only the other end of Florida for about a week but it didn't make Sasha feel any less sad. Cheryl and the twins came to the apartment to pick Mia up and she'd had to fight back tears as she shepherded her daughter into the car. T.K. was already gone. She wasn't going to see her babies for an entire week and it was enough to make her eyes water.

On the bright side, she was going to Miami. Sasha still couldn't believe it. The mother-of-two had always wanted to go there and now that it was about to happen, she couldn't wait. It was even better that she was going there to watch her boyfriend do what he loved to do.

Joe and Jon picked her up from the apartment in the rental SUV they were using for the six-hour-long trip. There was a last-minute addition to the group in Colby as his travel plans apparently got screwed up. As Joe helped her load her little carry-on suitcase into the truck, she spoke in passing, "By the way, if you guys need me to drive at any point I'm at your service."

"You can drive?" said Jon.

"I didn't know that," said Joe.

"A couple of years ago I applied for a job that required driving skills. Did all the driving lessons and tests, got the license and everything, only to not get the job in the end. I've driven Pam's car several times. I just don't have one of my own. Luckily my license hasn't expired yet so like I said, if you need me."

"Cool," said Jon. "The more the merrier." They divided up the driving duties, with Jon taking the wheel first and Colby in the passenger's side. Joe and Sasha spent their time in the back seat taking selfies and making out, causing the two in front to roll their eyes and make fun of them, all of which of course fell on deaf ears. Following a quick bathroom break a few hours later, Jon and Joe then sat in the back, with the big man fighting the urge to cover his ears as Colby and Sasha happily rocked out to the songs playing on the radio. His woman was fine as hell but her singing needed some work. And by some, he meant a lot. Not that he would say it to her face. But she seemed to feel better about being away from the kids so he didn't really mind.

They arrived at Miami a little before noon. They settled quickly into their hotel rooms – Colby shared one with Cesaro while Joe and Jon had another. 

Sasha dropped down on Joe's bed, exhausted from the trip

Sasha dropped down on Joe's bed, exhausted from the trip. She was surprised, however, to see Joe changing into gym wear. "What's going on?" she asked, even more confused when Jon appeared from the bathroom in a similar getup.

"We're heading to the gym for a couple of hours," said Joe, completely surprising Sasha.

"But you just got here. Won't you get any rest at all?"

"We have to work out otherwise we'll feel fucked up and lethargic. I'll catch some shut-eye when I get back." Joe had changed into an Under Armour tank top, basketball shorts and sneakers. His Beats headphones were around his neck and he slung a small bag over his shoulder. Sasha was amazed. Cramped up in a car for over six hours and all they wanted to do was work out?