19

Colby opened the front door and smiled nervously. Uh oh. "Hey, Sash."

"Do not hey Sash me!" Sasha stormed past him and into the house. "Where is he?" she demanded.

"Sasha, calm down," Colby begged.

"No, I will not calm down, Colby! You didn't see the state I was in on Monday." She had watched in horror as Joe, in what she believed to be a sudden rush of blood to the head, crashed into the announce table after missing a spear. From the top rope. Colby had had to calm her down over the phone as he informed her of Joe's injuries; a severe concussion, a gash above his right eye that needed stitches and a twisted left knee. As a result, Joe would be out of action for about a fortnight.

He was already back home, with Jon and Colby also having to pull out to sell the subsequent ambush of the Shield by the rest of the locker room at the conclusion of Raw. Sasha spent the past three days worrying and agonizing over Joe, and now that she could see him she was going to whoop his ass for putting her through this shit. "Where is he so I can shove my foot up his ass."

"He's upstairs, probably sleeping," said Colby. "Doctor says we should keep him stress-free so please go easy on him."

"Easy? Stress?" she scoffed, already trudging up the stairs. "All three o' y'all deserve an ass-whoopin' for givin' me stress. Tryna give somebody a damn heart attack. His ass better be awake if he knows what's good for him!"

"Ambrose! Run for cover!" Colby yelled up the stairs as he trailed behind Sasha. She smacked Joe's bedroom door open and was greeted with the sight of him sitting up in bed with Jon standing by the bed. His left knee was heavily bandaged and his eye taped. On the bedside table was a small bag of medicine. Seeing the look on Sasha's face, Jon quietly slinked away from the bed and stood beside Colby to watch the show.

Joe rubbed one side of his face, keeping away from his banged-up eye. "Shouldn't you be at work?" he said tiredly.

"I got Reggie to change my shift." Hands on her hips, she stared her boyfriend down. "But I got a more important question: Have you lost your motherfuckin' mind?"

Joe sighed. "Babe-"

"Hell no, you better answer me! What the hell were you thinking, jumping into the announce table from the fucking top rope?"

Annoyed, the big man rolled his eyes. Since the incident on Monday night, Joe was in pain. His eye still throbbed, as did his knee. He'd been given an injection and pain-killers after the show but none of it seemed to help. Add in the fact that he would be out of action for two whole weeks and possibly have to drop his and Colby's newly-won Tag Team titles and it was enough to put him in the foulest of moods. Sasha ragging on him only made him madder. "Did you seriously come all this way to chew my ass out? Because it don't change the fact that I'm already hurt."

"And whose fault was that?" Sasha retorted, "Wasn't me that told you to nearly kill yourself. What, you think you Colby now with all that Evel Knievel Reject crap?"

"Hey!" Colby protested.

"I don't need this shit," Joe grunted, looking over at Jon. "I've been stuck in this house for two damn days. I want out."

"Doc says you can't go anywhere, man," Jon said.

"Yeah, listen to him," said Sasha, "Better stay put before you do something stupid again."

Joe threw his hands in the air, his temper getting the best of him. "Oh, will you give it a fuckin' rest already!" he snapped, "You ain't been here all of five minutes and you already getting on my damn nerves!"