14

The days passed surprisingly quickly and before Joe knew it, he was back in Florida. They had the house show in Tampa and a couple of days off before they were back on the road. He was delighted when Sasha agreed to come to the show, and she was bringing T.K. and Mia along. He couldn't wait to see her; he missed her every day of the three weeks he was gone for.

Sasha was excited, more because she was seeing Joe again after three weeks than anything. She was buzzing, but not as much as T.K. as it turned out. She'd told him about the show three days prior and he'd spent every single moment talking about it - what he was going to do, what he was going to wear...She couldn't remember the last time he'd been this enthusiastic about anything. It was the same with Mia. All she cared about was seeing John Cena and Daniel Bryan live in action. Sasha wished Pam could come along, but she had a date. Sasha came home from work, and at about four the afternoon she got ready for the night. After a quick shower and putting on her makeup, she got dressed in a graphic Skillet t-shirt and tucked it into a pair of faded skinny jeans. She put on a pair of wedges and threw on her black jacket, tying her hair back in a ponytail. T.K. was decked out in a sleeveless 'Team Bring It' shirt while Mia had her trusty Shield sweater on.

The three of them left home two hours early since it would take them an hour to get to the arena by bus. Luckily there wasn't much traffic on the way. Once they arrived at the arena she called Joe, and he asked her to meet him at the parking garage to give them their tickets. They were standing by the entrance when Sasha heard Colby's voice floating down the garage. He and Joe were walking up from the opposite direction. They were dressed in their Shield cargo pants and boots but had t-shirts on instead of their vests. In Sasha's eyes, Joe never failed to look amazing.

Joe couldn't stop smiling. Damn, was she a sight for sore eyes. "You made it." He wrapped his arms around her briefly and kissed her cheek, which was mainly for the benefit of her kids. He would have done much more had they been alone.

Sasha smiled, her heart racing from the way Joe was looking at her. "We did. Hi Colby."

"Hey Sasha." He hugged her. "I love your t-shirt. You like Skillet?"

"Yeah. They're great," she smiled as Colby beamed.

T.K. wrinkled his nose. "Ugh, really? Mom's got the music tastes of a fourteen-year-old emo kid."

"How about you come over here and say that to my face, punk," Sasha threatened, prompting T.K. to duck out of her reach. "Colby, that twerp over there is T.K., and this is Mia." She watched with a smile when Colby bent down and enthusiastically hugged the thrilled eight-year-old. T.K. was composed as he shook Colby's hand but she could see the awestruck glint in her son's eyes.

Joe reached into his back pocket and handed T.K. three tickets. The teen glanced at them, his eyes widening. "Floor seats!" He looked up and smiled. "Wow. Thanks!"

"No problem," said Joe, glancing at his watch. "Look, we gotta head back inside. But we're gonna go grab some dinner after the show. Would you guys like to come?"

"I wanna go, Mama," Mia chirped, gazing at Colby as she bounced from foot to foot.

"Me too," said T.K., looking at Joe. The protective son was slowly giving way to the star-struck fan. "Is Ambrose coming too?"

"If he's not too tired, I think we can convince him." The Samoan turned his gaze to Sasha waiting for her answer. She shrugged. "It's not school night, so I guess we can go." She smiled at the two men. "We can't wait to see the show."

"We hope you enjoy it. I'll come get you guys afterwards," said Joe.

"Okay," said Sasha. "See you later, and have a good show, all three of you."