10

Sasha held her head in her hands, having just finished venting about the current dilemma she was facing. "I'm so screwed, Pam," she lamented.

Pam was silent, the woman staring dazedly at Sasha. Then, breaking out of her trance, she blinked and smiled widely. "I'm sorry...I'm still stuck on the part where he said he wants to fuck you senseless."

If it wasn't for Mia and the other kids dancing at the other end of the mirrored studio room, the mother-of-two would have openly smacked Pam upside the head. But she knew better than to make the other woman look like a chump in front of her students. "Is that all you heard, trick? You're supposed to be giving me advice!"

"And I've been trying to do that all this time, but you ain't been listening," Pam retorted, "I told you if he wanted sex, you jump his ass! But he all but spells it out for you and you don't take him up on the offer?" She remembered when Sasha introduced her to Joe, and Pam knew if he had come on to her the same way she would have fucked him on the very first day. Her best friend was made of sterner stuff, that was for sure. "Girl. We've talked about this. This is a mutually beneficial situation. He gets what he wants and you get what you need. And since he's going back on the road you don't have to see him again." Pam paused, peering closely at her friend's conflicted expression. "Unless...you do want to see him again."

Sasha sighed heavily. "I don't know," she replied truthfully. "On one hand I do, but on the other, I'm not sure. All the traveling Joe's about to do; that's what his real life is like. This week off was a luxury. In reality, he's home only for about two months in the entire year because of his job. Even if we keep seeing each other, how often will it be? He's hardly going to be around, and that's not stable. I want stable, and I kinda like the stability I already have in my life."

"In other words, I'm content with my boring, sex-less life," Pam rolled her eyes, causing Sasha to frown at her. "You killin' me, Sash. He wants you. You want him. I don't see what the problem is."

"Right. He says he wants me but for all I care I'm just some kind of MILF experiment to him." It would break her heart if that was truly the case. "I don't know. I just feel like I've let him get too close too soon." She looked over at her daughter, who was laughing with a friend, wearing the Shield hoodie Joe had given her. Sasha recalled how he had made Mia laugh when she was sick. She thought about it; the sparks that flew between her and Joe, the attraction that was now too compelling to deny. The last time she harbored such strong feelings however, she winded up pregnant. Twice. And twice, she was abandoned. She didn't think her heart could handle it a third time.

Pam studied her friend. She knew firsthand of how proud a woman she was; accustomed to being on her own and fending for herself. Even when Pam wanted to help out, Sasha grumbled about it. So it must have chipped at her heart when Joe bought things for her. This was unfamiliar territory she was crossing, territory she wasn't comfortable with. And though it was understandable, Pam secretly wished she could let that go. "Look, I'm not going to tell you what to do-"

"Well that's a first," she quipped.

"Shut up. I'm just saying, I think you should give him a chance. He obviously cares about you. I don't know many men that would go through the trouble of coming to spend time with you and your kid when she's sick. And ain't no way he did all of that just to get some ass, because let's face it, he can just flip his hair back and girls will come a-runnin'," Pam pointed out, and Sasha thought of Danielle. "From what I've seen and what you've told me, he seems like a decent guy. Maybe you should talk to him?"

"Hell no!" Sasha shot back. "I'll just look desperate and clingy. Look, I don't even know why I'm stressing out okay? Like I said, I'm probably never going to see him again. I should let it go. He's a great guy, and we had fun. That's it."