22

Joe shifted in his tight seat, frustrated and uncomfortable. He was onboard his flight to Tampa from Seattle and they'd been awaiting takeoff for ages. Jon was probably back in Las Vegas by now and for that Joe envied him. He checked his watch. They should have been in the air fifteen minutes ago. That was fifteen minutes too long to him as it only kept him away from his girl for longer. One month was more than enough, the extra fifteen minutes felt like a lifetime.

It had been an interesting week for him and Sasha. The wrestling dirt sheets had gone rife with the outing of their relationship, with the pictures posted everywhere and inviting comments from fans. Some had even tweeted him asking him to confirm it but he ignored them all because it was really nobody's business. Personally, Joe didn't understand the media's obsession with celebrities. Not that he considered himself to be one. He was just a wrestler that a lot of people knew about. Why his relationship was making headline news anywhere was what he did not comprehend. What he and Sasha were doing was private and between the two of them. Of course, there was nothing he could do about it now. It was out there, and he would have to deal with it the best way he could.

Though she hadn't suffered a meltdown like he'd feared, Sasha was still very unhappy about it all. She wasn't taking the comments made about her by the fangirls kindly and he didn't blame her. Some of them were rather nasty. Thanks to social media he was used to all the near-rabid attention, but she wasn't. She seemed to shun the spotlight, yet another trait that Joe found attractive about her. The two of them would have to find a way to work through this aspect of his career if their relationship was going to be strong. This probably wasn't going to be the last time something like this would happen. Fans clamored for dirt about their favorite wrestlers and the sheets didn't care how they got it as long as they did and their websites got more hits in the process.

Right now, none of that mattered. All he cared about was getting back to Tampa and burying himself deep inside his girlfriend. He could still remember clearly the morning he left for work. The dick-riding Sasha had treated him to would live on in his memory forever. There was only so much that phone sex could do on the road. And speaking of...

Switching from his infuriating game of Candy Crush, he tweeted a complaint about the flight delay before sending Sasha a text message.

Sighing heavily, Joe immediately dialed her number and waited for her to pick up. "I thought we agreed to stop monitoring that shit, Sasha."

"I knew you'd call once I said that," she laughed. "I can't help myself. It's like a car wreck and you can't just look away. I'm just curious about what your fans are saying."

"I love the fans but what they say shouldn't matter," said Joe. "If you listen to every single thing they say you're only going to feel bad about yourself."

"I know," she sighed. "It's so weird seeing people talk about me. I don't know how you do it."

Reaching into his bag, he took out a small orange bottle, retrieved two pills from it and popped them into his mouth. "I'm used to it. It's only been a week but it will all die down soon. They'll find someone else to bitch about in no time."