Chapter 34 •continuous•

Eunji: Umm.. I had this.

~Eunji shows the necklace to Laila and her eyes widens as she reaches out her hand and quickly grabs it from her~

Laila: Omg I was looking for this for so long!

~Eunji was confused, the way how possessive this thing was to Laila somehow scared her~

Eunji: O-oh really?.

Laila: Yes!! Omg! Omg! Thank you so much Eunji! Thank you! YES!

~Laila took her in a hug but Eunji didn't know what reaction to give~

~She didn't want the necklace be taken from her...~

Eunji: Um.. you're welcome.

~Laila was so happy and kept staring at the necklace until she took a look at Eunji's face~

Laila: Something wrong dear?

Eunji: N-no! Ofcourse not. Just..

Laila: Just?

Eunji: Nevermind

~Eunji tried to put a smile on her face but Laila wasn't buying it~

Laila: Honey what's the matter?

Eunji: Sorry Laila but... I wanna ask who is that woman in the picture?..  I've been waiting for an answer for so long.!

Laila: Oh-

~Laila was silent for a minute, looking at the woman inside the necklace~

Laila: She...  she is my hero.. 

~Eunji immediately look at Laila~

Laila: If it wasn't for her.. I wouldn't have been here right now..

Eunji: Oh.. she seems to be very important to you.

~Laila smiled~

Laila: Ofcourse she is~  She is the most beautiful, and the kindest person I have ever met in my life.

~Eunji was so intrigued, finally an explanation about that woman, she really wanted to know~

Laila: I was just a young teenager~ kidnapped into this mafia thing...  They took me to get revenge on my father who stole money to feed me and my mother...

~Her smile changed to a serious tone when she said his name~

Laila: JY.   This ruthless jerk forced me to mary him after he killed my parents..   there were times where he was nice to me and sometimes would beat me up really bad.. mafia leaders would constantly rape girls.. I was raped over and over again by this piece of dirt.  And let me tell you even if you are married, when you don't give consent, it's considered a rape. Especially when you're forced into marriage.

~She said with a sad tone and Eunji was getting sad too by this unexpected story.  Y/n never told her much about her past and Eunji was afraid to make her upset.  But it seemed like not even Y/n knew much about her own past to begin with~

Laila: When I had Y/n,  hell broke..!  The only way I couldn't let JY kill Y/n was to throw us away and never see him again and also never call on him to the police.    But. Ofcourse he wouldn't just let us go like that. He wouldn't have been happy until we were dead.