Chapter 3: The Life Of A Champion

I woke up to being dragged across the floor by my legs. Loud voices were bickering and cackling, but I was too far gone to decipher the words being exchanged. I caught a glimpse of a black dress swaying in the air before I dozed back into unconsciousness.

"BREAK THE DOOR DOWN ALREADY!!" Locke shouted at the cop who was throwing himself into the door repeatedly, grunting at each shove.

"I'm trying! The door is jammed!" The cop barked.

Locke slicked back his hair, taking a couple of steps backward, trying to look inside one of the second-floor windows. He mumbled under his breath, sweat running down his face as well as his tears.

"It's okay, Locke. It's okay, we're gonna get him." I reassured him, looking up at the windows myself. Guilt and rationality overcame my hope. I genuinely didn't believe that we could get William in time and I hated myself for it. We've already been in situations like these but no one ever got badly hurt. So why was this time any different? I tried to maintain faith and optimism, in hopes that I would manifest the brother's safety.

That only seemed to make matters worse. Twenty seconds had passed but it felt like ten minutes. Locke couldn't take it anymore. He marched toward the cop with a cold glare and snagged the handgun from his holster, drawing it towards the handle. The officer shouted at him to stop, getting ready to pull the gun away from him but it was already too late. Locke fired and shot off the rusty handle, and wasted no time in kicking the door down.

"WILLIAM!!! STOP!! PLEASE!!!" Locke screamed, throwing himself maniacally towards his brother. But it was too late.

William's expression read blank. He didn't respond nor react to his brother's cries. He turned his back, stepped out, and flung himself downward, his neck making a short popping sound, his lungs gasping for air, his legs dangling helplessly, reaching for anything that could save him. Veins popped out of his reddened neck, the adrenaline pumping at a rapid pace, all of the blood rushing to his head. His body shook violently back and forth until it became delicate sways, much like the rope above him.

I dropped to my knees, gazing at the lifeless body, completely muting out Riley's cries and whimpers. High pitch ringing rushed inside my ears, so overwhelming that I couldn't think. I covered my entire head and screamed, hoping to block out the noise that was getting louder, louder, and louder.

I snapped my eyes open and sat up. I wiped my face, tears laid patiently on my cheeks. Catching my breath, I grabbed my glasses beside me and observed the room I was in. The dim light was let inside from the lanterns outside of the room. Thick stoned walls surrounded me, steel rusted bars across from me. To my right was a table with a few ceramic bowls. To my left was a commode chair...What the hell? 

I slowly stood up but my knees failed me and crashed back to the ground. I groaned in pain. I was sore all over, my muscles refusing to move from their cramped position. How long was I in here? I combed through my hair with my shaking fingers and leaned back against the wall. My bag was gone. No way to communicate and no way to call for help. I looked down at my ripped clothing, scratches, and bruises pulsing underneath the fabric. I suppose now would be a good time to go over what the fuck just happened.

I passed out in the tunnels after I was certain I wasn't being followed...alright. At the church...there were six beings. The doll, the humpback, the woman in black, Heisenberg, the tall lady, and Mother Miranda, along with the crowd of lycans. They were arguing over me. For what? To torture me? Sick fucks...I need to get out of here.