Chap 3- Campus legend & 15y old

I lock eyes with a radiantly smiling Seokjin.

Campus life No. 777
Cover story: what's the secret to his confidence?

......sort of. It's actually a picture of Seokjin on the cover of a magazine.

Anyhow.....since the page is ripped, I can't get much information besides the addition set the day after tomorrow. The president is unteachable as always

I start stress cleaning, starting with organizing my desk.

Wait.. This is perfect. Yes it's like we're DESTINED to meet!!

I've found something that makes all my worries about finding Seokjin disappear. As I head towards Seokjin's university to offer him an audition. My stomach is full of butterflies.

"Destined to meet, huh? Yeah, right...." I huffed. I'm stuck at traffic.

I arrive at the bus stop just in time to see the university shuttle pulling away. I try to flag down a taxi for 30 minutes to no avail. Wow that I'm on the subway the rains are delayed, but I haven't moved at all for 3 hours.

Ugh! I don't have time for this! Why'd my luck have to run out now? The next bus goes the long way around. I get on, but.....things aren't going smoothly.

"Hey. This is the main entrance. Next stop's the side entrance" The bus driver calls out.

"Ah! Thank you. Should I go to the side entrance since the lectures almost over?" I ask my self, thanking the bus driver.

"Oh, hey, what's up? I didn't think you rode this bus." I heard someone ask.

"Yeah. I don't know what it is, but I've been late for everything today. Hey, let's grab some coffee soon. I'm going to take some time off after this semester" I turn quickly at the familiar voice. Seokjin's stepping off the back of the bus.

"Driver, I'm so sorry! Do you think you can open the door?" I say, quickly getting off as the bus door opens.

"Excuse me! Wait!" I call out to Seokjin who was almost out of my sight.

Seokjin stops to catch his breath, a flustered look on his face.

"Why did you.....run?" I ask trying to get my breathing to its normal phase.

"You were chasing me like a whole pack of wolves. What was I supposed to do?" Seokjin asks, his hand on his heart.

"That's what happens when you get......desperate. I didn't want to miss you! I just really wanted to invite you to an audition." I say.

"Hmm... Well, you're not the 1st person to do that, but you might be the most memorable. You can't pass by without doing a double take at my face, after all"

I can't help but grin at his joke. I officially offer him the chance to audition then taking my chances, I ask him one last question.

"You don't.....happen to know a Kind Taehyung or a Jeon Jungkook, do you?"

"Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook?"

Why's he reacting like that? Does he know them?

"Wow. No, never heard of them" He says.

"No, that makes sense....here, you've just...." I wasn't expecting him to, but I can't help but sigh anyway.

"H-hey. Don't be so disappointed I guess whatever's meant to be will be." I lock eyes with Seokjin. He's smiling. It's not a photo this time. Seokjin is standing here in the flesh.

*Seokjin appears on the concert ticket*

............................................................................

I work hard trying to track down the remaining members. Time passes quickly but I'm no closer to finding them. Before I know, the day on the schedule diary arrives.

I arrive at the site for a reality TV audition.

"I'm here. I'm not late, am i?" I hear someone say's from behind me.

"I'm.....im really touched that you came, you know?" I turned around to meet Namjoon.

"Don't get me wrong. We need to fill out the group so I wanted to watch. We need to finalize the lineup and start rehearsing. What are you doing? Aren't you going? Come on." Namjoon explains. I scurry to catch up to Namjoon, who's already on his way.

"I did some research and learned that a lot of trainees are cast at auditions like this. There maybe he some genuine diamonds in the rough here" Namjoon says.

"But......where are we going? All the people are back that way....." I ask stopping Namjoon from walking any further.

"What? I thought you knew" He says.

"No, I was following you because you seemed so confident" I say.

Before I could say anything else, suddenly a clear singing voice cuts through the dim of the crowd. It's clean yet emotionally expressive. I walk towards the singing entranced by the sound. The voice isn't loud but it's stable and smooth.

"Wow.... Who is THAT?" Namjoon couldn't help but ask.

"Someone who's about to get cats" I grin at him.

I want to cry. That voice belongs to Jungkook.

"I'm fine when I practice alone. Why do I always choked during auditions?" I hear Jungkook mumble to him self.

"Why practice alone when you can do it with other people?" Jungkook was surprised by my sudden interruption. I shove a business card towards him. But he's holding quiet a few other agency business cards already.

"Thank you for the offer" Jungkook takes the business card, saying his goodbyes, and attempts to leave.

"Wait!" I'm not sure what spurred me to call out to him, but.....

"I know that you've been scouted by a lot of places, but please, join us! Because....."

Because this place is special! You won't ever regret it. I want to tell him that. And that if he comes with me, he'll become part of  a team that always have each other's backs, but....

That's not true yet. I'm still working on it...

"Our company has, umm... We have amazing talent like Namjoon here! And...." I quickly say gesturing towards Namjoon.

"Hi, I'm Kim Namjoon. I'd love for you to join our company as one of our performance." Namjoon suddenly extends a hand to Jungkook. Jungkook's eyes widen. It stares at Namjoon, doe-eyed.

"Wait..... Are you Kim Namjoon, the rapper? I've seen all your videos! You're signed with this company?"  Jungkook had been too shy to even make eyes contact earlier but, now his eyes are bright with excitement.

*Jungkook appears on the concert ticket*