Chap 4- Call me Manager

Since I don't have any leads on V, I hold an open audition to find him.

"Okay, that should be enough. Thank you for coming" I say to the last contestant. We're wrapping up the open audition, but there's no sign of V anywhere.

Taehyung's name isn't even on the online submission list. Form the moment I met Namjoon until I found Jungkook, I really thought fate was leading them to me. I stare at the concert ticket, fingers tracing at the two empty spots.

What happens if I never find him....?

I was sulking when Namjoon knocks briefly, and pokes his head into the room.

"Everything going okay? Seemed like a couple of those kids had potential"

"..... Oh. Umm, the person I'm looking for hasn't showed up yet" I replies to him, putting the concert ticket in my bag without him noticing.

".... Are you looking for someone in particular?" Namjoon asks, giving me a weird look.

"I mean.... Eh... I have an eye for this kind of stuff, it's really reliable" I try to come up with something.

What am I saying? What a sloppy excuse.

An awkward silence fills the room.

"So, have you seen the company president?" I ask breaking the silence.

"The president? I think I've seen him once" Namjoon asks, taking a few minutes to think.

"Is his last name 'Bang' by any chance?" I ask curiously.

"No, it was Kim....something.ughh, I'm blanking....." The sound of a hurried footsteps interrupts Namjoon's reply.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I'm here for the audition?" That last hopeful finishes his audition.

"Wasn't who you were looking for, huh?" Namjoon asks, when the boy left.

"Yeah.....that's okay. I'll find him somehow!" I can't give up just yet.

As I was straightening up the audition room, I find a large bag left behind on a chair.

"That's not mine..." Namjoon says when I hold out the bag in question.

"Did one of the applicants leave it? It looks like.....an instrument" I say peeking through the bag.

I don't remember anyone who auditioned with an instrument.

"Ah! Excuse me!" A loud clear voice calls out as the door opens.

"Oh?" Judging by the sweat on his brow, the new arrival ran all the way here. A vibrant smile and mischievous doe eyes.

It's Taehyung!!!

"Have you happened to see a bag- oh! You found it! That's mine!" Taehyung says pointing at the bag I'm holding.

"He looks like the type to misbehave" Namjoon blurts out.

I fix my eyes on Taehyung. Looking sheepish, he opens his mouth to explain.

"Ah no. I wasn't here to audition. I was here to support a friend, but I got distracted and forgot my bag" Taehyung scratches his head, takes his bag from my hands, steps backward to leave. I quickly grab him.

"Do you want to try auditioning?"

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it's not just a coincidence.

*Taehyung appears on the concert ticket*

............................................................................