Chap 14- What's wrong, Jungkook?

"You want ME to be the main vocal?" Jungkook's surprised exclamation rings through the living room.

"But, this is so sudden.....im not ready..." Jungkook hesitates.

"A round of applause for Jungkook, our main vocalist everyone!" I say not clearly hearing Jungkook.

"Our Maknae! Don't worry about it too much! I'll make sure to be a good lead!" Jimin says patting Jungkook on his back.

"Bu-but still! Why am I the main vocalist? There are other singers too!" Jungkook says pointing at the other vocalists.

"The decision was made in the interest of overall harmony. Does everyone agree?" I ask.

"I think it was the right choice. Jungkook, your voice is the most stable, anyway..." Seokjin says.

"Nice face, great body and sings well, toon wow! You're not our Golden Maknae for nothing!" Taehyung praises his youngest band member.

Despite the other members attempts to imbue him with confidence, Jungkook still looks uneasy.

............................................................................

"Wow, Manager! What's all this?" Taehyung asks as I put the bags on the table in the living room.

"It's almost time to record, so I brought a bunch of things that are supposed to be good for the throat." I explain, pulling out different things from the bag.

"I put my trust in modern medicine. I choose the ice-cold cooling spray!" Namjoon states.

"Lozenges should be plenty" Yoongi mumbles.

Everyone except Jungkook claims an item.

"Huh? Where's Jungkook?" I look around and noticed that he was nowhere near our sight.

"Um...." Jimin starts to say.

"It's a lie! You such a liar. See me, see me, ya, you're such a hypocrite" I can hear background music nd singing coming from upstairs.

"I keep telling hm not to stress so much about it, but he's still.....doing that..." Hoseok says referring to Jungkook.

"He's been eating, right?" I ask.

"Seokjin's Chicken House is open 24/7. We also provide delivery" Seokjin says proudly.

"I'm worried he's practicing too much, but i can't wait to see how well he'll do when we record" Namjoon says.

"Again. With the pressure even if he's not here to here it! But.... I'm looking forward to it, too to be honest. Just a little bit" Seokjin sheepishly says.

"Practicing's great, but...he'll be able to handle the pressure, right?" I ask, unsure.

"I believe in him. He says he's not, but he's capable of doing well, and then some" Namjoon says.

The long-awaited recording day has arrived.

"Eat up! You can't sing or rap your best if you're hungry!" Seokjin says placing down the food on the dining table.

Everyone reaches for the side dishes a once, when...

"Wait! Our Golden Maknae first!" Namjoon stops them.

"Ye-what? Me?" Jungkook asks surprised.

"Yeah. Being main vocal is hard, so you need to eat more I agree!" Yoongi says.

"Ah..." Jungkook grabs his chopsticks. He must have slept poorly, he looks pale.

"Here's some soy-braised beef! I saved a bunch for you" Hoseok says.