Chap 16- Midnight Shadow

"Seokjin's gone?"

"He said he was going to go sleep and I believed him" Yoongi says.

"I asked him why he was going to bed so early, and he said that's what good kid-adults do." Jungkook says quoting what Seokjin said to him.

"So earlier......the person leaving the form....that was Seokjin" I tells them.

"Come to think of it...Seokjin hyung's been acting weird lately" Hoseok reveals.

"Weird? How?" I ask.

"So........." Hoseok starts to explain.

"Teacher Jung Hoseok! One more lesson, please! C'mon!" Seokjin pleads.

"Hyung.... I'm so sorry, but I'm dead tired" Hoseok says letting out a big sigh.

"Practice doesn't seem as good when I do it alone. Just one more hour, please?" Seokjin tries to get Hoseok helps him practice.

"I've barely gotten to sleep because I've been composing" Hoseok says, shaking his head no.

"I'll give you both legs when we order chicken! It's all yours! Deal?" Seokjin tried to bribe him.

"I'm really sorry......zzzz" Hoseok let's out before dozzing off to sleep.

"He's always wanted me to teach him things. But then a few days ago, he started making excuses when I suggested we practice" Hoseok continued to tell us.

"No it's okay"

"Get some sleep while you can"

"Sorry I'm kinda busy"

"I'm sure I did something to push Seokjin hyung away. I was too busy to give him the attention he deserved. And I kept teasing him and calling him a grasshopper. Do you think he took that personally?" Hoseok was sulking by the end of his explanation.

I think he's tougher than that...and that doesn't really seem like something worth getting upset over, either.

"What if he's sneaking out to goof off?" I tried to calm the worried members down.

"I thought the same,  so I went looking. I went to the neighborhood karaoke place and the arcade, but I only saw Jimin and Taehyung there!" Hoseok says, looking defeated.

The voices speculating about Seokjin's whereabouts fall silent.

Alright, I guess we don't have no other choice. Don't worry, just go!

"Okay Everyone, listen up. Tomorrow, we're going to follow Seokjin" I tell them the plan.

"Are we tracking him? I've always wanted to do that! It's like we're spies. Bang!" Taehyung got excited.

............................................................................

The next night~

We all hide outside, taking care not to let Seokjin spot us.

"Oh! Someone's coming! It's Seokjin hyung!" Hoseok spots Seokjin.

"Huh? What's he doing? He's getting into a taxi!" Jimin asks, his eyes following Seokjin's movements.

"Seokjin's so fast! I just called a taxi!" I alerted the members.

"Driver, can you follow taxi in front of us?" Namjoon asks as we got into the taxi, which came to our rescue faster than we thought.

"Wow, this is amazing!! I feel like a real secret agent!" Taehyung couldn't help but squeeze. There were seven of us total, seated uncomfortable in the taxi, no space to move.

The taxi driver didn't mind thankfully, maybe because he saw our desperation not to lose the taxi Seokjin's in.

"Don't let the taxi get away" I mumbled.

Where is Seokjin going? Towards the main street, or towards the transfer academy?

"Huh? Seokjin hyung's getting out!" Jungkook alerted us, he was in the passenger seat with Hoseok.

Wait, here?

"I knew it looked familiar! This is where we had our first practice!" Hoseok exclaims!

"Shhh! The lights are on! There's music playing!" I shushed the excited boys.

There's someone in the room. I can see long limbs extending hitting dance moves.

It's Seokjin!

"Hyung's here?" Hoseok and the rest reached where I was.

"Ah! Hoseok, stop pushing!" I whisper shouted.

Our combined weight pushes us forward, dumping Hoseok and me clumsily onto the practice room floor.

"What that- A third? I'm going to report-" The sudden action startled Seokjin buy I was quick to stop him from calling the police.

"Wa-wait, Seokjin! It's me! It's me!"

"Wait, what? Manager? Hoseok? Did you follow me?" Seokjin asks.

"Seokjin, have you been practicing here by yourself every night?" I ask him.

"I feel like dancing comes so much harder for me, so I need the extra practice. Can we keep this a secret between the three of us?" Seokjin pleads to us. I look over Hoseok, he had a guilty look on his face.

"Hyung! I'm so sorry. I'll be your personal tutor! Starting tomorrow- No! Starting right this second!" Hoseok let's out.

"It's fine really. You don't have to do that" Seokjin denies.

"No way! Be sincere or I won't let go" Hoseok had Seokjin in a head lock.

"Hyung! Me too! I'll join you" Namjoon came out from the hiding.

"N-namjoom? How long have you been here?" Seokjin asked, his eyes wide open.

"I want to help too! Don't leave me out" Jimin joined in.

"What?! Jimin's here, too?" Seokjin had a horrified look at my statement.

"Actually.....we all came here together. We were worried about you Seokjin"

The rest of the group takes this moment to reveal themselves.

"Jeez, this is embarrassing" Seokjin mumbles out.

"Hyung! We should start practicing together!" Namjoon puts his hand on Seokjin's shoulder, pulling Seokjin in a side hug while the other joined in. Yoongi had a smile on his face as he stood next to me.

Am I witnessing the creation of BTS's wingmen? Haha

"Oh, yeah! Mission complete! Bang!" Taehyung did a hand gun and blew on it.