Chap 29- A Butterfly Effect

I checked my cell phone. There were no messages and no calls. *sigh*

I sent another round of emails to the stations where we've already been rejected, and I showed up in person to more than a few dozen broadcasting companies and stations. It's been a week, and I haven't heard anything back.

"Manager, glued to your phone again?" Jungkook asks, coming out from his room noticing me checking my phone every second.

"Huh? Oh, Jungkook it's you" I got startled.

"If they're going to call, they'll call and you can answer when they do. But if they're not going to call, there's no reason to keep staring at your phone and getting anxious" Sometimes Jungkook is wise beyond his age.

"You're right! Checking my phone doesn't change what they're going to do. Let's get some rest and try again tomorrow" I gave Jungkook a smile.

"Jin hyung, your phone keeps buzzing" Jungkook shouts out to Seokjin who was making dinner in the kitchen.

"What are you talking about? It's yours" Seokjin came out, and points at Jungkook's phone's screen glowing, which was besides Seokjin's phone on the table.

"Huh? My phone is buzzing, too" Yoongi says joining us in the living room, others on their trail.

"So's mine" Jimin shows us his phone.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"It's all comment alerts from the blog!" Taehyung's eyes widen.

"What?" Hoseok asks, picking his own cell phone tapping the screen.

"We're getting...lots and lots of comments" Taehyung let's out a squeal.

"Come on, someone read one out loud!?" I couldn't help but ask wanting to know what all the fuss was about.

"Okay, okay! 'These are the 'Birthday Idols'?!" Yoongi says obliging.

"'OMG they're so cute!""

"'I saw your birthday performance video. The setting wasn't perfect, but your passion and energy!"

"Do you have a fan club? I wanna join it!"

"When is your debut? I can't wait to see you on TV!"

Each members took a turn reading out the comments for me.

"Birthday idols? What the....?" I ask.

"Hey you, What's your dream?" 🎶

"It's the performance we did for the birthday party. Someone recorded it on the internet. It's must've gone vital." Jimin says holding out his phone towards me to see.

"People are going crazy trying to find out who the BTS idols are" Seokjin says.

"Here's an article about us!" Hoseok hands his phone over to me.

Blessed with 7 different charms - "BTS!" "Birthday Idols" Finally revealed? The truth about the buzzed about idols.

Who are the birthday idols? Spotting it on the mysterious.

"Guys, what's happening?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Manager...are we.... Popular?" Taehyung asks me, glint in his beautiful eyes.

"There are so many people who like us" Jungkook cheers in excitement.

"This feels unreal!" Yoongi confesses.

*Phone Ringing*

It's the producer Ms. Kim, who cancelled our debut. What does she want now? There's only one way to find it out.

I got up from the couch and head outside the dorm, picking up the call I greeted.

"....Hello?"

"Hello? This is Ms. Kim, I have to say ik sorry about before. But I'm calling because my station keeps begging me to bring your group in" Ms. Kim says.

"Bring them where?" I ask not quite catching what she meant.

"To N countdown! They can debut on our show"

I was speechless.

"Please, say yes. People want to see you on TV!" She adds when she didn't get any response from me.

I mean I thought I heard it wrong.

"...... Let me think about it" I tell her.

"Wait... Tell me anything you want for your set! I can get it for you" Ms. Kim quickly says as she got a hunch that I was gonna hang up the call.

"How about some fireworks? Boom, boom, from all four directions?" After finishing our talk, I try to keep my pocket face...but I can't stop my nostrils from flaring.

"Manager, what's wrong with your face?" Jungkook asks as soon as he notices me.

"Guys... Your finally.........going to debut!!! June 13 on N countdown!!" I halted my words at middle sentence to tease them.

They all shouted in excitement.

"This is a miracle Manager" Hoseok says breaking out from their group hug.

"A miracle you made. This was possible because you did your best on a tiny stage" I say looking at them fondly.

"I..... Thank you!" Yoongi walks over and gives me a friendly hug.

I just freaking melted.. THE SUGA GAVE ME A HUG!!!!

"Uh, uh, uh. I want him, too!" Taehyung pouts and joins in.

".... Me too!!" I heard one of the rest of the guys say, but felt more than two pairs of arms.

"Guys, I can't....breathe" I tell the boys, an overwhelming happy as I am, one unfinished task comes to my mind.

"Ah, right!"

"Ah?! What is it? Manager?" Jimin asks.

Oops did I say it out loud? My bad.

"Wait, give me one sec. I've got to do something" I say.

BTS Manager
Look at this. The debut's scheduled. N countdown June 13th

Sent to President.

"Manager, what's with that big smile?" Jimin asks creeped out by my sudden sarcastic smile.

" I just finished my biggest mission!" I say letting out a relived sigh.

"Mission?" He asks curious.

"No, nevermind. It's nothing" I quickly brush him off.

We made it. We've proved that we can do it!