Chap 5- The long-awaited first practice

Despite my anxiety.....time continues to pass.

"Manager, have Jimin and Jungkook called you?" Hoseok ask, tapping his foot on the floor impatiently.

"No, not yet" I answer, checking my cell phone once more.

"Jeez.....these kids must not respect the team. If they did, they wouldn't be late!" Seokjin says, clearly frustrated with the situation.

"We're almost out of time in the practice room, aren't we?" By Yoongi's statement, it looks like the present members have lost their patience with waiting around, their frustration makes me anxious.

I wanted everyone here for the first practice.....

"Hmmm... I guess we should start off simple. What should we fo?" I decide to start the practice without Jimin and Jungkook.

"You said we were going to be a hip hop group so, I brought some albums. Should we start by getting used to the hip hop groove?" As we ponder, Namjoon takes something out of his backpack. A heavy drum pounds through the practice room.

"Oh! It's a lot different from the hip hop that I know" Seokjin says, his mouth forming an "O".

Taehyung, who had been watching the door like a puppy waiting got Jimin and Jungkook, boost his head along to the beat.

" Whoa, I don't understand a word they're saying, tho...." Hoseok let's out a nervous laugh.

"That's 'cause this is by an American artist." Namjoon says.

"Shouldn't you introduce these Korean kids to Korean hip hop first?" Yoongi suddenly stops the music.

"Eh.... I thought it'd be best to start with the original sound" Namjoon pouts.

"Manager, what do you think we should listen to first?" Yoongi whips around to face me in his sudden confusion.

What? I don't even know!!

"Uh... What if you try.....beat boxing? You just need to create a beat with your mouth. It should be easy!" I hesitated, but says anyways.

"Manager.....that's the most difficult thing to do" Hoseok says, frowning.

"I don't know much about hip hop, but i do know that beat boxing is hard" Seokjin says.

Everyone looks doubtful.

I'm worried I'm losing control of the situation. A few of the members have already started to lose trust in me after the company outing. The door slide open, and Jimin and Jungkook walk in.

"I'm sorry I'm late..."

"I'm sorry..." Jimin and Jungkook apologizes.

Their haggard faces are enough to tell me there's a reason for their tardiness, but I decide not to pry.

"Don't apologize! I'm just glad to see you here. Welcome!" I gave them both a smile.

"Thank you for understanding. We weren't trying to be late" Jimin says bowing a bit.

"That's all okay! Come on in, my friends!" Taehyung gestures the two to come inside the practice room.

"Okay! Now practice can really start!" I say out loud.

"You could've let us know you were gonna be late" Hoseok speaks up.

"We were too freaked out to think of doing that.." Jungkook says, honesty in his voice.

"You should have called to be considerate. There were a lot of people waiting on the two of you" Seokjin scolds them.

"Hey, it's only one tardy. Let's just let this one slide" Taehyung was quick to defend his new two friends. He cuts in with a smile when he feels the air getting tense.

"Only one tardy? We're not here to play around. Whether you meant to be late or not. You have obligations to the group."

"I agree with Yoongi haunt. You don't succeed in this industry with just hard work alone. I'm at loss. I don't know how I'm supposed to work with kids who aren't devoted to the group.

"Hyung....how can you.... How can you assume something like thay?" Jimin continues, teary-eyed.

Jungkook does his best to calm Jimin and helps him sit back down. There's a bloody stain on Jimin's pants, near the knees.

"I waited so long for our first practice. I was so excited that I ran over here. But I was dumb and fell down a flight of stairs....." Jimin mumbles, his head buried in his knees.

"I had to convince Jimin hyung to go to the hospital. That's why I didn't think to call." Jungkook confessed.

Everyone's expressions freeze at the word of Jimin's injury.

Why are things like this! They were all inoperable in 2019.

I feel the enormous weight of my shortcomings pressing down in me. It's my fault they're like this.