Chap 51- Emergency Rap Recruit

The day of the music program, I got a call from Namjoon.

"What?! You're stuck on an island?!"

Namjoon was scheduled to return from his 'More Answers, More Problems' shoot this morning.

"Yes, the shoot was delayed a bit and we ended up missing the ferry. The next one leaves tonight....." Namjoon said.

"What do we do about our music show performance? We're going live in a few hours"

"Manager, I'll try to find a way to get there.... But it's going to be difficult......"

The remaining 6 members and i hold an emergency meeting.

"Well..... 'RUN' starts with Namjoon's rap. It'd hit us hard if we were missing it" Yoongi says.

"Right. Someone might have to cover Namjoon's part. Let's decide. I think it might be best if someone from the rap line does it" I get to the point straight away.

"Ah, then it's either me or Yoongi hyung...." Hoseok points.

"But our styles are too different to cover Namjoon's part..... Hmm... If it's not going to be in Namjoon's rap style anyway...... Why not have a vocal line member do it?" Yoongi suggests.

"Wow, one of us?" Taehyung asks confused.

"I like that idea..... Who out of the vocal line, though?" I asked liking the Yoongi's idea.

"So, about that.... We can decide that now?" Yoongi shrugged his shoulder.

"We're here in the BTS green room for the very first 'Vocal Line Rap Battle' hosted by yours truly." I announce being the MC. Well it's just only 7 of us here anyways but this is fun.

"Mr. Park Jimin. What's this? I can't be bribed, you know..... But I'll still take this. Yum" I chuckled at Yoongi licking his favorite flavor of lollipop that Jimin gave.

Alright, let's start the battle! Contestant No. 1! A rebel with a square smile, V!" Hoseok the second announcer announced.

Taehyung started right away.

"Hyungs, your rap skills are back-to-back! They're compliments so quit it! Hobi hyung in front of me getting tense! Why are you nervous? Go make some kimchi" 🎶

"Yes that was great. Your rhymes were impressive, and I'll reward bonus points for being cute!" Yoongi the judge said.

"Yoongi hyung look at meeeeeeee!" Jimin turned Yoongi's attention to him doing aegyo (cute).

"The competition is cruel and fair. But your kind of cute is cheating, so I'll have to deduct points" Yoongi says unfazed by Jimin's cuteness.

-Author's POV-

Meanwhile.... Namjoon's trying his best to find a ride off the island.

"..... So the boat won't be able to sail? Okay. Thank you- huh, am I out of options?" Namjoon asks himself as he sighs.

-Lily's POV-

"Okay, contestant No. 2! Jjjjjiiiinnn!" Hoseok called out to the second contestant.

"My name? Jin. I'm always so handsome. My nickname? Jin. So, my stage name? Jin" 🎶

"That was profound. Thanks for that insight about your name. Okay, let's go contestant No. 3 Chimchim" Yoongi calls out for the 3rd contestant as Jin laughed.

"I'm a little shy, but... That's what makes me cute, right? Okay. Here it goes" Jimin flashes a cheeky smile.

"Yo, yo, my name's Jimin!! Taehyung your rap's rotten. It smells a little fishy!" 🎶

"Uh.... Hey! That's uncalled for.... I was minding my own business" Taehyung complained.

"Oh! I never would have expected a diss track from those bashful cheeks! You left a strong impression. Okay! Contestant No. 4!!" Hoseok continued laughing.

"Is it finally my turn?" Jungkook asks grinning.

-Author's POV-

"What?! You'll give me a ride? It's on your wat? Thank you so much!!! Guys!! Manager!!! Wait just a little longer! I'll be late, but I'm on my way" Said someone who was desperate to get back to seoul.

-Lily's POV-

"You really pulled it together, hyungs. So I'm sorry to break it to you, but   that first verse is MINE" Jungkook steps up to the center, cracking all his joints as he goes. His swagger screams 'hardcore rapper'.

Oooooohhhh

"I got you again with my freestyle rapping. Fully down with this beat, I'm not a newbie. It's different now, the the rhythm's my road. Gimme 10 days, I'll raise an ARMY. Jungkook. Look at me, look at me, look at me" 🎶

Jungkook flips his water bottle to the floor with a cool plop, punctuating the verse.

"Ha, killed it!" He praises himself.

"Wow, a water bottle drop... It even landed perfectly, too!" Yoongi claps.

"So you guys would like this member to perform the rap?" I whispered to the 2 judges sitting besides me.

"It was super close but we picked based on stage performance, rap skills, passion and balance" Yoongi whispered back.

"Okay! And now, the BTS member who will sub in for Namjoon is........."

............................................................................

"You're my one and only sun the only one in the world.

I bloomed towards you, but I'm always left thirsty" 🎶

The 6 members leave the stage following their successful performance of 'RUN' ft. Jungkook's rap.

"Wow, I was really nervous" Jungkook exclaims as they came to the backstage after the performance.

"You were good, Jungkook! Did you practice right under my nose!?"

"Hyung!!!!! When'd you get here?" Jungkook ran to Namjoon and says as he gives him a big hug.

"Not long ago. The performance had already started" I needed at Namjoon's words.

"You did well, Namjoon. Although we had some trouble ourselves" Seokjin scratches his head.

"I wouldn't call it trouble. Anyway, I'm glad my absence didn't cause any issues" Namjoon says shaking his head no, a proud smile on his face as he says so.

"Didn't cause any issues? Without you, hyung, it's half a stage" Jungkook says pouting.

"He's gotten really good at this lately... Why can I help but feel disappointed?" Yoongi asks tilting his head in confusion.

"Haha, Jungkook, you can be my understudy any time" Namjoon says shuffling Jungkook's hair, getting whines from the the rest of the maknae line.

"Oh.... Would that be a taxable income?" Jungkook asks, a mischievous grin on his face.

"Jungkook's all grown up" Yoongi let out a proud chuckle while the rest of us face palmed ourselves.