Chap 6- The practice room Confinement Incident

A few days pass, but the group is still treating each other coldly.

"Manager! Can you tell the hyungs to change the bottle on the water cooler if they empty it?" Jimin says, walking towards me.

"Why aren't you telling him yourself" I ask.

"Ha! Manager tell him Taehyung killed it, so he should fill it" Seokjin scoffs across from the practice room.

"He can hear, you know!" I say, arching my brows at Seokjin.

"Manager-"

"Can you please talk to each other?" I cut Taehyung off, getting annoyed.

"I just wanted to say that practice us over..." Taehyung pouts. Surprised, I look at the clock. We've run over the booked time.

Ah! I have to go to a meeting!

"I'm sorry, I need to run out to make an appointment! Get home safely!" I gathered my things.

"Okay...." They sound skeptical, but there's no time to waste. I quickly rush out of the practice room.

............................................................................

-Author's POV-

The door to the pitch-black room slowly opens. After confirming that the room is empty, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook step through the door.

"Ah... I was so nervous! I thought I was gonna faint!" Jimin let's out a dramatic sigh.

"There's no need to be nervous. It's not like this is the first time we've done this" Taehyung snickers at Jimin's behavior.

As they talk, the door to the room slowly reopens.

"Shh!" Jungkook whispers to his two hyungs. The three of them hold their breaths in alarm.

"What the.....?" It was the rest of the group. Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon walk through the door. An awkward silence hangs in the air.

"Eh.... Let's just leave" Seokjin seems overcome by awkwardness and turns to go.

"What'd you just say?" Yoongi asks Seokjin, inspecting the door lock, he frowns.

"Why won't the door open?" Hoseok asks.

"It's not.....? The security guard must have locked it.." Jungkook says.

The guys accidentally make eye-contact before quickly and awkwardly looking away again. Everyone hesitates. The individual factors retreat to opposite corners of the room.

"It'd be too much of a hustle to call the fire department to let us out, right?" Seokjin whispers to his squad.

"The bigger problem is that we're here past our booked hours" Namjoon whispered back nodding his head at Seokjin.

........

"Why are the hyungs here?" Jimin whispers to the youngest two.

"Probably the same reason we're here!" Jungkook says shrugging his shoulders, whispering.

"They came here to sleep?" Taehyung's question is a little too loud, and everyone hears it.

"See? Jungkook was right" Taehyung crosses the room and gestures to the sleeping bags in Namjoon's hands. The hyungs stare at the younger group members in surprise.

"...... Why are you guys here?" Namjoon asks after a bit of silence.

"We've been sleeping here for a while now" Jimin reveals, making eye contact with Taehyung and Jungkook.

"We don't need to worry about being late and we can practice all night" Jungkook says, biting his lips.

"You guys keep practicing AFTER our practice sessions?" Hoseok asks, shocked.

"Well...not that well, since you weren't there to teach us. But, we did our best!" Taehyung answers.

"How'd you sleep here without something like this? Who would take care of you if you got sick?" Hearing this Yoongi hands over his sleeping bag.

"Just say you're worried about them! Being straightforward won't kill you" Seokjin snickers at Yoongi.

"Im sorry for being so hard on you at our first practice without knowing what happened" Namjoon apologize, scratching his head.

"Oh, it's my fault for waiting so long to mention it" Jimin says mirroring Namjoon's actions.

The awkwardness seems to fade away as the guys work through their misunderstandings.

"What?! You've been sleeping in the agency's supply room?" Jungkook ask shocked.

"Yeah, it's....pretty awful. There's a lot of bugs.. Ugh" Seokjin says, shaking his head at the horrible memory.

"You think the practice room will be better? What's this?" Namjoon looks down at the ground and suddenly spies a discarded booklet. He picks it up.

"Isn't that our manager's work-process diary?" Jimin asks noticing the book.

"Work process? The only 'work' I've seen is overseeing our practices." Yoongi says arching his brows.

"Right? How can someone who doesn't know anything about hip hop turns us into a hip hop idols?" Seokjin asks, tilting his head.

"Our name was picked without our input even" Hoseok reminds them.

"Sometimes it's seems like we know each other more than the professional" Taehyung says.

"I guess managing a bunch of trainees isn't everyone's dream job" Jimin says.

As the rest of the group speculates. Namjoon flips through the pages. The more he reads, the more his expression changes.

"Organize the office, listen to entertainment industry lectures, meet with broadcasters, hire instructors...."

"What are you talking about?" Yoongi asks Namjoon.

"This is what our manager had scheduled after we finish practice must too much to handle in a day" They all stare at the paper in Namjoon's hands, lost in thought.