Chap 25- The 5 Stages of Grief

-Author's POV-

People say there are 5 steps to accepting loss. The first step is denial.

"Manager, is it true? Is our debut really cancelled?" Taehyung asks, his voice cracking.

"You're kidding, right? Right? There must be a hidden camera recording this for the blog" Seokjin says, not wanting to believe what he just heard over the phone.

"Let's wrap up the video shoot. Our debut day is coming. We don't have time for this" Hoseok says shaking his head.

The second step is anger.

"When I get my hands on the producer, I'm gonna make sure her lying tongue never speaks another word" Yoongi says venom in his voice.

"Waaaaa..... Arghhhh..."

"H-hold on! Don't break things! Let's talk it out" Hoseok stop Namjoon who was ready to break the table in anger.

The third step is compromise.

"What if we don't sing a whole song? What if we just do the intro- just one minute! Can we ask for that?" Jimin suggests pleading.

"N countdown was too ambitious. Can we do a local song contest instead?" Jungkook chimed in.

"Guys...." Hoseok tries to comfort the maknae line.

When compromising fails, the four step - depression - comes along.

"Taehyung, why are you sitting in the corner? Where were you during practice?" Hoseok asks Taehyung who was sulking in the dorms, living room corner.

"In my next life I want to be reborn as a pebble" Taehyung mumbles not noticing Hoseok's presence.

"Taehyung.....?" Hoseok calls out a little louder to get Taehyung's attention.

"Oh? I'm just meditating about the meaningless of life" Taehyung says glancing up at Hoseok with an unreadable expression.

"....... This is serious" Hoseok mumbles sighing frustratedly.

The last step is acceptance.

"Guys! Hyungs! Come out! I brought the best medicine to cheer us up! Fried chicken! C'mon" Hoseok holds up two bags of fried chicken as he shouts, but nobody comes out of their rooms.

"Hmm.... This is bad... I need to do something!"

He picks up his cell phone and dials a number.

"Manager? Are you awake! Everyone's acting weird lately. You should come"

"Hoseok?" Lily asks.

"Jeez! Manager what happened to your voice? You scared me. Are you sick?" Hoseok asks a bunch of questions hearing his Manager's crooked voice.

I must look just tired as the rest of the group. Hoseok's voice is full of concerns for me. Thought Lily.

"I'm fine. What are you asking me to do?" She asks.

"Y-yeah. It's about the group.... Umm... " Hoseok hesitates to say.

"What about them?" Lily asks now fully awake.

"They're......all worried about you, manager. Don't skip meals" Hoseok hungs up the call quickly. Sighing he puts the bags of chicken on the floor, leaves the dorm closing the door quietly behind him.

-Lily's POV-

Still there's no calls from the broadcasting company. Are we ever gonna get a shot at debuting? Time passes without any updates, and my anxiety gets worse and worse. The hardest part is seeing the group struggle through this and knowing there's nothing I can do to make it better.

*Ding*

Ah! What if it's from the broadcasting company?

President
So, the debut is cancelled.

My boss has never responded to me when i actually needed him. Why is he texting me now?

President
You should've listened to me when I told you to do a good job. This is exactly what I was try to warn you about. Tsk tsk.

I can't even be mad at his teasing. I feel like this is all my fault. I start to type 'im sorry' to the president, but another message arrives before i could finish it.

President
Are our trainees not good? Maybe that's why! Hehe! What do you think? Maybe we should fire them and get a batch of fresh faces. How does that sound? Hehe

BTS Manager
Please watch your mouth. They're all hardworking and talented young men.

They've been working so hard for so long! What does he know, anyway. He hasn't been here!!

BTS Manager
You'll see. We can do it. You're going to regret that joke.

President
You think? I'm a businessman. I need proof for decide whether to keep investing my assets. Guess what? So, far, you've shown me nothing.

President
You know it's my money you're spending every day to rent practice spade and keep those boys in the form

President
On the note, if they don't debut by the end of the month.... Hehe

President
The contract will be terminated

He sends me no more messages.

"How could he do this without ANY discussion?!" I yelled out in frustration.

The company president sent an ultimate with a deadline and the clock's already ticking. But....even if all the members are frustrated I can't be. There's still more I can do for them.

After all, I'm the manager of BTS!!!