Chap 60- Lie

When Namjoon returns to the dorm from the studio he spots a piece of paper with some writing on it crumpled in a corner.

"Namjoon hyung, did work go well? Huh? That's-" Jimin walks to the living room and see Namjoon holding a crumpled piece of paper.

Namjoon holds the paper out to Jimin whose expression changes as he takes it.

"What do you think, Jimin? Catchy rhythms and sexy lyrics... It's a bit short, but it feels good, right?" Namjoon asks gesturing to the lyrics written on it.

"Oh, uh...... I don't really know lyric-writing that well yet-"

"How is your writing going on, by the way? The lyrics you showed me last time were fuzzy and cute, just like you" Namjoon interrupts Jimin.

"I'm doing my best to polish them, but I'm not sure yet. It's my first time writing so I'm nervous" Jimin flashes a shy smile.

"If you're nervous, you'll just sound rigid. It's like I said before.... Try capturing your true voice. Then whose lyrics are these? They were at the corner of the living room, so they must be one of the other members. Are they Yoongi hyung's?" Namjoon tilts his head as he asks.

Jimin hesitates, about to say something when Namjoon,  deep in thought about who the owner might be, makes a start for Yoongi's room.

"........ Huh, Namjoon hyung! Wait for me!!!" Jimin runs after him.

"No, I didn't write this" Yoongi says reading the lyrics.

"It wasn't you either, hyung? They felt fresh and sharp, so I thought they were by an experienced lyricist..." Namjoon sighs.

"What do you think about these lyrics, Yoongi hyung?" Jimin asks.

"If one of our members wrote them... I'd say they're pretty good at lyric-writing. It makes me wonder how we didn't notice before. Let me know if you find out who wrote it"

Jimin begins to blush ever so lightly as he listens to Namjoon and Yoongi talk.

"I'm really curious now... Ahh, who could it be? Hoseok, maybe?" Arching his eyebrows, Namjoon heads to Hoseok's room.

"No, these aren't mine. Who among us posseses such raw emotional power?" Hoseok wasn't the one who wrote the lyrics either.

"Ha, I'm dying of curiosity. If it's not Yoongi hyung and it's not you, Hoseok..... The other members are lyric-writing newbies" Namjoon ruffles his hair in frustration.

"It's sophisticated for a first attempt! But it's a little......" Hoseok trails off.

"..... What? Is something wrong?" Jimin asks.

"It's a little.....dark. There's no hope!" Hoseok finishes his sentence.

"That despair's the core appeal of these lyrics. Hah..... Isn't it totally sexy?" Namjoon asks agreeing.

"I still think it could be with a spoonful of hope"

"Spoonful of hope...." Jimin mumbles as he writes down it on his wrists.

"Hmm? How come you're writing that down, Jimin?" Hoseok notices it right away.

"Ah! Actually, um-" Jimin couldn't seem to form any words to say.

"Jimin's been putting a lot of thought into how to write lyrics lately. It's really cute that you're taking notes, Jimin" Namjoon praises.

"Oh, really? Don't worry about it, Jimin! I bet you'll come up with a totally sweet song!" Hoseok cheers.