CHAPTER TWELVE

Chris' POV

Chris' POV

I am so fucking pissed! I'm at the student center trying to get a book and the cashier told me that my card declined. I gave her another one and the same thing. What the fuck! I gave her the cash and immediately called my credit card company. They tell me that my cards have been inactivated. I ask who cancelled them even though I already knew.

"It says that Jeremiah Rideau called to have them inactivated, sir."

I thanked the rep and hung up the phone. This petty muthafucka. I called him and he answered the phone smugly.

"This is Jeremiah Rideau."

"Really, Dad?"

"I'm sorry. Who's this?"

"Seriously? You couldn't call me to let me know that you were cutting them off?"

"Oh Christopher. Yes, yes. Yeah, I figured since you were grown enough to break up your family for your immoral ass lifestyle, you were old enough to finance it. You still have your bank account but I won't be putting any more funds in it. Hope you've already paid for your schooling."

"Are you really this bitter? This vindictive?"

He laughed. "Oh, Christopher. I thought you knew. Were you concerned when you let your so-called friends disrespect me in my home? Didn't your lover say that he was rich? Let him pay for it. I'm sure he's tapping you."

"Wow. Guess we won't be reuniting anytime soon. You know what? It's all good. Thank you so much, Dad. Give my best to Mother and Samantha. Good bye."

I hung up before he could say anything else. I am glad that this semester was paid for already. I still had a little bit over $9K in my account. Fuck! I didn't qualify for financial aid or grants because they would still look at my family's finances. I made my way home to see how I was going to live. As I was driving, my phone rang and I saw it was London.

"Hey, Lonnie boo."

"Hey CPR. How are you? Are you busy? You got a minute?"

"I'm good, baby girl and I always have a minute for you. What's going on?"

"Well, I've been living with Ma'dea since Thanksgiving. I like it but she's so far away from my friends. I was wondering if you can help me to get a car. I would ask Daddy but he's being an asshole."

"Tell me about it."

"Oh, is he talking to you now?"

"Not really. However, he did cut off my credit cards and said he's not putting any more money in my bank account. Sooo... I'm on my own. I have less than $10k to live off of and I have to pay for school for the summer and apply for my LSAT. I can't get grants because of the family. So I'm basically fucked."

"CPR, I'm so sorry! That's so messed up."

"It's all good, baby girl. Don't you worry about it. I wish I could help you get a car, boo. Have you asked the others?"